Big Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Question

I ran into someone lst night that is willing to sell TWO XS11's to me for $1000. One needs 2nd gear and the other is needing coil replaced. Both are in good shape(so he says) and have nothing broken or missing(like left side cover). One is a 1979 the other is an '80.

Do you all think it's worth buying the bikes? I thought about one for my GF but I think an XS11 might be too much for her to start off on. Or one for race, one for cruising, one for parts. Or am I going to get into a pinch with cash trying to fix 3 XS11's(my current need some work(like tank) and is a '79 standard). Please remember that I'm a full time college student when the mone issue comes in play.

The other though I had was this. Make one sweet bike for myself. Set one up nicely to sell and keep the other for parts.

Cuda

Welcome the XS ownership. I suspect many of us on this list started with our first XS and ended up with several. I am sure there are many justifications.

From a pure dollars and cents point of view, buying a second (and third) parts bike is a great way to get one good running, go looking XS.

Selling parts on e-bay seems to be popular.

I guess it depends on how good the two bikes are. $500 a piece for a running XS is a good (if not excellent) price. The hard part is coming up with the $$. Storage is also a big issue.

Perhaps there is another XS’er in your area that will go in with you. You both take a look at the two bikes and decide who gets which bike. Take what you need off the parts bike, to improve your primary XS, and then sell it for what ever you can get for it.

At one time I had 4 XSs. Between my dad, brother and myself we had 9 XSs. I have since scaled down to 2 (dad and brother still have 5).

Good luck on your dilemma, it is a good one.
    DZ
    Vyger, 'F'
    "The Special", 'SF'
    '08 FJR1300

Comment

I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

What models are the two fers? is there a bunch of stuff? is the description accurate?

There ain't going to be no more made.

I'd get 'em and put them up for parts, or later work, if you have storage.
      '81 XS11 Midnight Special

Comment

Working...
      X