Carb question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb question

How many turns out from factory are the mixture screws?? Just got mine running on 4 cylinders today and now i'm trying to tune the carbs...bike is a 79 xs11 and when i test ride it just misses and cuts out and has surges of power need advise please

I did mine at 2.5 turns. Although, others may tell you a different number. Of course, the idea is that you can adjust them to tune yours perfectly.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

Hey Darrell,

I just checked the tech tips, and was surprised that this info was not amongst the faq's and such? It's mentioned almost daily in thread discussions, but you've probably been busy trying to get your machine fixed and running and so haven't had much time to view or read the other threads!?

It's 1.5 turns out from a GENTLE SEAT! Care needs to be taken to not torque the screw down too hard, otherwise the tip gets stuck and eventually broken on off in the supply hole/port!

T.C.
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Stuck OR deformed.
        '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP