locking 2 helmets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oldyam80sg View Post
    There actually is a difference in a cheap helmet-in 1983 i was hit from behind by a car and thrown off my bike into a parking lot.I tumbled into a ball and landed on my front.I was also wearing a $125.00 Grant helmet which split into 3 pieces.The helmet did its job but prefer the more expensive helmets because i don't think that would have happened with something a little bit more pricey!
    The operative word here is 'think'. You think it's better because it cost more, but studies have shown that as long as your helmet, whether it be $60 or $600, meets the DOT reqs, it will do it's job and then some.

The splitting of your helmet, strangely is exactly what it's supposed to do, depending on how it was hit. The important thing is 'it did it's job'.

The pricier helmet likely would do the same thing, but even if it didn't, after a large impact it's garbage.
    Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
    '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

dog collar.

I use a small chain type dog collar with steel rings on the ends. It stores anywhere and you just have to double it over and thread the chain through the d rings and then back through the rings on the chain and lock it to the bike with the helmet lock.
      Fastmover
      "Just plant us in the damn garden with the stupid
      lion". SHL
      78 XS1100e

Comment

Working...
      X