Help need engine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help need engine!

My Lovely xs1100 (78) decided it needed a new heart. I am in Oklahoma.
    I need to find a good used engine, but i think I want to find a newer special engine if anyone out there has ideas or possible locations please let me know. BTW she is going to go through I complete resto since I am down this far. I will take pics as I go and put as many as I can so every one can see

Thanks for your help,
    Jason

The standard and special engines are the same.The earlier engines have different cams than the newer ones.I think internally thats about the only differences.But I'm sure someone else can tell you for sure.
    80 SG XS1100
    14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

There are full engines on ebay now and then. We have a few people here on the site that sell parts, and will probably have one for you as well.
      1980 XS850SG - Sold
      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
      -H. Ford

Comment

IIRC, you will want to stick with a pre 81 engine. IF you go with 81 or 82 (Maxim) they each had a different timing setup, as in less mechanical advance and more put into the TCI. So, if you get an 81 you will need to either change out the TCI, or change out the advance mechanisms.
        Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
        80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
        93 GSX600F
        80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
        81 XS1100 Special
        81 CB750 C
        80 CB750 C
        78 XS750

Comment

tips!!

Thanks for the input, I will keep you all up dated on the progress

Jason

Comment

Hey man,
            I have several engines. Just let me know the specifics of what you are looking for and I can get you fixed up! I am in the Kansas City area, so not to far away.

Russ
            russ.ludvicek@gmail.com
            '81 Venturer U.S. Navy Air Commemorative
            '79 Special

Comment

Working...
            X