Engine # Check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine # Check

Can any one tell me what this engine is by this number 2h7021282 serial number on the right rear side of the block
    Also a vacuum diagram or some detailed pics would be very helpful and most appreciated!!!

(fredintoon) i checked my spark and its all good i put in new plugs and wires today so i'm going to the carbs next...if i take them off and apart and clean them and reinstall them will i need someone to sync them or will they still be synced or is syncing the carbs something i can do myself as an intermediate mechanic beginner on motorcycles?

Any input from anyone is appreciated!!
    Last edited by darrelldaltonga; 06-03-2009, 09:02 PM.

It's a 1979 engine. It does NOT matter if it's a standard or special, they are both the same.
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

carbs

can anyone answer my question on the carbs

Comment

After taking the carbs apart and cleaning them, you'll need to sync them to get your bike running 100%. You can do a bench sync while they're off to get them close.
        2H7 (79)
        3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

☮

Comment

Yes, your carbs will need to be sync'ed after disassembly/cleaning, and yes, you can do it yourself. Use the search function on this site for plenty of info.
          Tim Ripley - Gaithersburg, MD
          1981 XS1100 Special "Spoiled Rotten" Just sold - currently bikeless!!
          23mm float height
          120 main jets
          42.5 pilot jets
          drilled stock airbox with K&N
          Jardine 4 to 1 Exhaust
          spade fusebox
          1st and 2nd gear fix

Comment

ahhh

much appreciated guys I'll let you know how it turns out tomorrow night.

Comment

carb sync

i don't have mercury sticks or access to any what can i do after i take them off and clean them because like alot of people i cant afford to pay to get it done?

Comment

Where are you located? Might be someone close enough to you that could assist you with that.
                Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
                '82 XJ1100
                '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

I'm in Dalton GA. I don't think I've seen anybody on here even close

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfoot View Post
                    Where are you located? Might be someone close enough to you that could assist you with that.
                    Yeah... Please edit your profile to include your location, and add your model/year to your signature file. It will make helping you a lot easier.
                    1980 XS850SG - Sold
                    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
                    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
                    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
                    -H. Ford

Comment

profile updated

Comment

Hey Darrell,

Which Dalton are you in?? The one just north of Athens, or the one south of Chattenooga....seeing how there are 2 Daltons in GA!?

There are several XSives in Ga, Brent is in Buford near Atlanta, as well as a few others. Check out the Sticky thread in the Member's Lounge for locating other members in your area. Many are more than willing to lend a hand and some tools and knowledge to help get a fellow XSives bike in proper tune!

In the mean time, doing a close Bench Synch will get the bike rideable. I suggest the visual method, using one of the 3 holes in the inside upper portion of the engine side of the carbs, the butterflies should be adjusted so that they partially cover one of those holes when they are almost closed.
                        T.C.
                        T. C. Gresham
                        81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                        79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                        History shows again and again,
                        How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

thanks I'll try that. And I'm in Dalton, Ga just south of Chattanooga, Tn
                          I've got plenty of tools now its time for me to acquire the knowledge...what better way than hands on through trial and error

Comment

Working...
                          X