Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have a weak spark

Hi
    I'm Max I have a 78 yamaha xs 1100 e. I had no spark so I replaced the ign. unit now I have weak spark. I have checked the pick up coil and the coil.
    NEED HELP .
    THANKS max

Originally posted by MAX View Post
    Hi
    I'm Max I have a 78 yamaha xs 1100 e. I had no spark so I replaced the ign. unit now I have weak spark. I have checked the pick up coil and the coil.
    NEED HELP .
    THANKS max
    Check to make sure your battery is good. A weak battery can cause weak spark. Also check and clean all the connectors, especially the grounds, these old bikes tend to have connector problems and a good cleaning will fix a lot of them.
    Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
    Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
    Vetter Windjammer IV
    Vetter hard bags & Trunk
    OEM Luggage Rack
    Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
    Spade Fuse Box
    Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
    750 FD Mod
    TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
    XJ1100 Front Footpegs
    XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

How do you know you have a weak spark? What symptoms did you notice? Did you use a multimeter on the battery? Read the voltage off the battery at rest, then while cranking, then while running at idle, then while revving a bit. If the voltage drops below 10 at any point, the systems stop working. It should range from above 12v to 14v while revving.
      1980 XS850SG - Sold
      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
      -H. Ford

Comment

Working...
      X