Carb seals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb seals

on my 81sh project [the vac leak] i decided to separate the carbs no mans land for me pulled #1 off to check the throttle seals and the outside seal was all cracked the other side looks like a flat rubber washer was ok is this also a seal?
    now on the carb diagram in clymer's and bike bandit they only show 1 seal? are there 2 or 1 seals per carb and a good place to get them, i have a feeling this is the source of my vac leak!!

MikesXS.net has them

I had just posted this info about a week ago, and I can't find it in the threads, so here it is AGAIN!

www.mikesxs.net has them, sold in pairs..there are 2 on each carb.
    He also sells the shaft butterfly screws, you'll need to grind the ends some because they are PEENED over after installing, to get the old ones out, and then put in new ones, and RE-Peen them, possibly with locktite as well for added insurance, don't want them working loose and getting sucked into the engine!

Remember, due to liability, Mikes can NOT tell or advice you on fitment of any of his parts for other machines, so don't bother asking him/them!!!

Check out the website, you get free shipping with $50.00 or more order, but that is NOT the minimum, just the limit to get free shipping!!
    T.C.

Throttle Butterfly Shaft Seal Throttle Butterfly Shaft Seal -
    Fits: Stock Mikuni BS34/BS38 CV Carbs on all 1970-84 650's

Part #48-5021 $5.00 USD Pair
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

seals

thanks TC didn't see that post

Comment

You might take the seal with you and go around to some of the independant shops and ask if they have any laying around. On auto carbs, one kit will fit several different carbs, so there are always extra parts, seals, clips and such left over. I'd be willing to bet you could pick them up for the asking. The shops I have worked in had shoe boxes full of the stuff.
        Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Working...
        X