79 xs 1100 special gas tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 79 xs 1100 special gas tank

does anyone know if a 79 xs 750 special tank will fit a 79 xs 1100 special. thanks in advance.
    79 xs 1100 spec & 80 xs 1100 g

Well, according to the parts list, they are definitely different part numbers. I know that doesn't always mean it won't fit, so I'l let someone with more experience verify that.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

Someone feel free to correct me if I am mistaken, but I believe it will fit, it just doesn't have a low fuel sending unit (or a place to put one for that matter). otherwise, I believe it will fit, best find a more knowlegable opinion than mine though. have a nice day and ride safe
      I am the Lorax, I speak for the Trees

'80 XS1100 SG (It's Evil, Wicked, Mean & Nasty)

'79 XS1100 F R (IL Barrachino)

'00 Suzuki Intruder 1400 (La Soccola)

'77 KZ400s (La Putana)

Comment

Sorry, but it WILL NOT fit! The 750 tank does NOT have the "cut out" for the valve cover. The XS11 needs the cut out because of the size of the engine. It also will NOT fit over the frame backbone, as the tunnel is too narrow.
        Ray Matteis
        KE6NHG
        XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
        XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

What Ray says is correct. I have owned both bikes simutainously and tried swapping the tanks, but to no avail.

Comment

any one have the tank to fit 79 xs 1100 special

if any one has a tank to fit the above bike pm me with some pictures and what you will want for it. needs to be usable. scratches small few dings ok some rust on inside but not corroded with blisters and pits. needed one to do custom paint on for my bike. thanks
            79 xs 1100 spec & 80 xs 1100 g

Comment

Working...
            X