Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to find longer cables lines etc for taller bars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to find longer cables lines etc for taller bars?

Hey fellas i know some of you guys probably don't wanna hear this but i'm looken to put ape hangers on my bike. I've already collected parts for my independent rear fender and side mount tag. And i'm gonna try and trade my exhaust to jon for a mac 4-2 exhaust. But i was wanting to know mainly the throttle cable and the clutch cable. Where can i find those that are gonna be long enough to reach? Cause i plan on starting the makeover next week or maybe saturday and want to have all the stuff i need first before i start the tear down. Thanks fellas. I appriciate it.
    Yes it's a damn nice bike, yes it's in REALLY good condition, yes it would be a shame to chop it, BUT damn how cool would it look with ape hangers?

Hey Bowtied, for the record I am anti-apes on anything other than a pre-Evo HD. However, a good place to get custom cables is motionprodotcom.
    1979 Yamaha XS1100SF (gone)
    Airbox w/K&N element
    Jardine 4 into 1
    145 mains, 45 pilots

1996 Ducati 900SS CR
    1977 Kawasaki KZ900-A5
    1975 Honda CB550K

Comment

yeah i've found most people share your opinion. It's cool though. I appriciate the help!
      Yes it's a damn nice bike, yes it's in REALLY good condition, yes it would be a shame to chop it, BUT damn how cool would it look with ape hangers?

Comment

be prepared to wait on MotionPro. The website says something like a normal 5-7 day turnaraound. However, spring motorcycle demand had me wait like 2 weeks for my custom cable. It was $44 to the door.
        '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Working...
        X