No announcement yet.

I know I seen it somewhere, but where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know I seen it somewhere, but where?

the 'tech tip' on installing a voltmeter

Thanks, John
    1980 XS11 Special aka The Monster
    "My life used to be a Soap Opera, until I realized something, I own the network."
    My Photo Bucket

It's not a real tech tip, but this thread talks about it. I think it gives enough info to figure it out.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

Thanks, Bug...

gave more than enuf' info...voltmeter mounted, wired, working!
      not real pretty, but it works...12.5 volts @ idle...14 volts @ 1500 rpm
      1980 XS11 Special aka The Monster
      "My life used to be a Soap Opera, until I realized something, I own the network."
      My Photo Bucket

Comment

Cool! You got pics of it? I'm tempted to install one on mine, but not sure if it's worth it.
        1980 XS850SG - Sold
        1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
        Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
        Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
        -H. Ford

Comment

Working...
        X