My thoughts on fuel injection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My thoughts on fuel injection

The disclaimer first: I in know way profess to be even a novice when it comes to fuel injection. These are just my thoughts. What do you think?

I've read 81XSProject's thread on his fuel injection project with great interest. I'd like to one day turbocharge my XS, and a fuel injection system seems to offer better tuneability for forced induction. I had an alternative thought on how our bikes could be fuel injected. What if someone were to build an aluminum manifold with a GM throttle body injection system? It seems like a single throttle body would be much easier to set up and tune than 4 of them. Also, as much horsepower as the vehicles using this system made I figured it would support plenty of power for our bikes. Could a pre-built stand alone fuel computer be used instead of having to build a Megasquirt? Also, along those lines if a stand alone computer were used couldn't you run a single coil per cylinder? A side effect would be that it would allow for an aftermarket tach to be adapted to the bike much easier. It's just food for thought. Feel free to tell me why it wouldn't work.
    1981 XS 1100-full restomod in progress
Working...
X