plugs for XJ1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plugs for XJ1100

It seems I can find out almost anything about an XS but as usual I am having trouble finding much about my 82 XJ11 that I am reconditioning. It came with 3 BPR8ES plugs and and one champ RN9YC plug. I have some other RN9YC plugs if those will work. Niether of these plugs are listed for the XS. The xj is a yics motor and I am not sure if its requirements for plugs are different than the xs. Help.
    82 XJ 1100
    98 Magna
    past bikes
    ST1100
    92 Harley FXR built
    85 XJ 700 (2)
    86 XJ 700X

The correct plugs for the XJ motor is BP6ES (NGK), according to the Yamaha service manual. Same ones the XS's use.
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

plugs and drive

thanks for the info, has the 750 drive increased your mileage.
      82 XJ 1100
      98 Magna
      past bikes
      ST1100
      92 Harley FXR built
      85 XJ 700 (2)
      86 XJ 700X

Comment

For highway cruising, for sure. For around town, 'bout the same as the 11 drive.
        2H7 (79)
        3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

I run the NGK bpr6eix iridium plugs. They're expensive - about $7 a pop - but they're the best plugs I've found - as close to foul-proof as a plug gets. They work particularly well with hotter coils, and they come gapped at .035", so they're perfect with HO coils. You're not supposed to mess with the gap on them as the post can break easily, so for stock coils they may be a little to far open. You can change the gap (.032" for stock coils), but you have to be VERY careful.
          I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

Working...
          X