ok my lights grrrr!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok my lights grrrr!!!

heres the new skinny, i have no turn signals. they work on the flash/hazards mode but dont work any other way. i have read some posts about the relays and turning them and having one prong left out in the open. no dice. is there away to run all new wires and a new relay and tap in to the handlebar switch. or am i pissing into the wind. any help would be great the stats on my paper wait i mean bike is a 1980 XS 1100S.
    1980 xs 1100S in boxes
    Gotta Love It!
    Gill

Hey Easton do the lights illuminate but not flash or do they not turn on at all? Welcome to the sight! Terry
    1980 special (Phyllis)
    1196 10.5 to 1 kit,megacycle cams,shaved head,dynojet carb kit,ported intake and exhaust,mac 4 into 1 exhaust,drilled rotors,ss brake lines,pods,mikes xs green coils,iridium plugs,led lights,throttle lock,progressive shocks,oil cooler,ajustable cam gears,HD valve springs,Vmax tensioner mod

Comment

The 4-way lights and the signal lights use two seperate flashers. The hazard flasher is under the seat, while the signal flasher is under the right sidecover.

You can swap the two flashers to see if it is the signal flasher that is bad/missing.
      Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
      '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

The flasher that is under the seat once in awhile comes up on E-bay or PM Andreas Weiss as he might have them.I snagged a brand new one on E-bay several weeks ago.
        1980 XS1100 SG
        Inline fuel filters
        New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
        160 mph speedometer mod
        Kerker Exhaust
        xschop K & N air filter setup
        Dynojet Recalibration kit
        1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
        1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Comment

Hey Easton,

As has been stated, the Emergency 4 way flashers use a separate circuit and flasher, a simple 2 prong unit. Your OEM flasher for the turn signals may have gone bad? Take the 2 prong out of the Emergency plug, and plug it into the turn signals plug, you may have to try it 1 of 2 ways, but IF it doesn't work either way, then you'll need to get into the left handlebar switch assembly, they get corroded, wires get unsoldered, etc.!!!
          T.C.
          T. C. Gresham
          81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
          79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
          History shows again and again,
          How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Working...
          X