Fork Oil Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fork Oil Recommendations

Hey ya'll I have question. I bought a used set of FOrks off ebay and have received them. I intend to replace the seals, dust covers, AND PUT NEW FORK OIL IN THEM. I read one of the Tech Tips which references Belray 15W for Standards and 10W for Specials. Although I own an XJ 1100 I presume <ya'll like that presume and not ASSume >, this is okay for it. I was just wondering about the oil weight. Recommendations?

Thanks,

CLIFF
    Whew, more work here than I thought!!!

I'm pretty sure the factory recommendation is the same for all of them - 10W. Some members have used the 15W for additional dampening on divy forks. I don't know if the XJ is the same.
    I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

Fork Oil Recommendations

What does divy mean?

Thanks
      CLIFF

Comment

Cliff - divy refers to the forks that dive a lot when you apply the front brake - the forks compress quickly. Don't know another way to say it. Might be another way to spell it though .
        I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

Thanks, will use the 10.

Cliff

Comment

Working...
          X