$59 Ultrasonic Cleaner at Harbor Freight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $59 Ultrasonic Cleaner at Harbor Freight

FYI - Harbor Freight just put the 2.5 quart ultrasonic cleaner on sale online. It was $79. Now $59. I was headed up to buy one anyway and printed the online price.

Not on sale in the store, but they always honor the online price if you have printed the page and hand it to them. I walked out with one at lunch today.

Carbs will be cooking tonight!
    Bothell, WA
    1980 XS1100SG

I used the very same one a few days ago, one of members, Nubee bought one and brought it to my house to use at the MoM, and we determined that it is best to knock most of the road grime off the outsides of the carbs with some carb clean or similar. I wasn't to impressed with HF's ultrasonic cleaning powder, but an ounce or two of Simple Green in the water, along with the heat and about five cycles of 480 did a decent job. I would still hit them with carb spray in the passages afterwards anyway to make sure any loosened particles are flushed out.

Comment

I wonder what would happen if you combined that Gunzilla BC-10 stuff and the Ultrasonic cleaner... Too bad Gunzilla costs so much per ounce.
      1980 XS850SG - Sold
      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
      -H. Ford

Comment

Working...
      X