Tach and Speedometer Bezel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tach and Speedometer Bezel

My tach and speedometer rubber bezel that fits between the units and unit housing is trashed and Mammy Yammy doesn't stock them anymore

Does anybody know of some material that could be used for a repair? I'm working on a set of square standard instruments. Something like a role of 1/8th inch square rubber would work nicely...but where would I find it
    My heros have always been flat trackers.

Check in this thread, post # 11.....

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...+gasket+repair
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

I just bought one from this site. I think it was like 20 bucks.
      Tim Ripley - Gaithersburg, MD
      1981 XS1100 Special "Spoiled Rotten" Just sold - currently bikeless!!
      23mm float height
      120 main jets
      42.5 pilot jets
      drilled stock airbox with K&N
      Jardine 4 to 1 Exhaust
      spade fusebox
      1st and 2nd gear fix

Comment

Bike Bandit says they have them: PN 34300-001 $19.24 ea, or at least you can add them to your basket.
        I've not ordered nor spoken to them.

Oh, sorry, I missed the square part. These are round.
        Last edited by oseaghdha; 05-08-2009, 05:29 AM.
        XS1100SF
        XS1100F

Comment

XSPaster, Good to hear you are still around I checked out Xtream Power Sports, but you must have bought the last one The item is now shown on back order.

oseaghdha, that's quite a name...I had to cut and paste it Kinda the same story as XSPaster's lead...listed, but not in stock

I think the all time recommendation award has to go to Bikerphil That weather stripping Top Cat used was fairly clever...so it's to Lowes tomorrow.

I had a similiar idea to Top Cats invention. I went to a place today that specializes in industrial rubber products. I was looking for some short rolls of 1/4" x 1/4" rubber. They didn't have that, but I was able to buy a 1/4" thick sheet that was 3" x 2'. It looks like this.

My intention was to cut 1/4" strips out of it and adhear it to the instruments kinda like Top Cat did. I'm finding that 1/4" is the perfect size. That size will extend outward just right and the thickness allows the outer housing to snug up nicely against the rubber making for a good seal.

Well...you know me...success or failure, I'll post the results BTW, the rubber only set me back $2.34

Thanks for all the tips.

Comment

speedo tach seals

to replaced theese seals i used the material from an old wet suit i found it worked great better then original was quick fix too

Comment

Originally posted by Mashermoto View Post
              XSPaster, Good to hear you are still around I checked out Xtream Power Sports, but you must have bought the last one The item is now shown on back order.

oseaghdha, that's quite a name...I had to cut and paste it Kinda the same story as XSPaster's lead...listed, but not in stock

I think the all time recommendation award has to go to Bikerphil That weather stripping Top Cat used was fairly clever...so it's to Lowes tomorrow.

I had a similiar idea to Top Cats invention. I went to a place today that specializes in industrial rubber products. I was looking for some short rolls of 1/4" x 1/4" rubber. They didn't have that, but I was able to buy a 1/4" thick sheet that was 3" x 2'. It looks like this.

My intention was to cut 1/4" strips out of it and adhear it to the instruments kinda like Top Cat did. I'm finding that 1/4" is the perfect size. That size will extend outward just right and the thickness allows the outer housing to snug up nicely against the rubber making for a good seal.

Well...you know me...success or failure, I'll post the results BTW, the rubber only set me back $2.34

Thanks for all the tips.
              Yeah - I'm still around. I missed the part about you needing the damper for the square gauges. I just bought the round one. Dude, you might think about dusting behind your monitor...
              Tim Ripley - Gaithersburg, MD
              1981 XS1100 Special "Spoiled Rotten" Just sold - currently bikeless!!
              23mm float height
              120 main jets
              42.5 pilot jets
              drilled stock airbox with K&N
              Jardine 4 to 1 Exhaust
              spade fusebox
              1st and 2nd gear fix

Comment

Pastor,

You know what...you are right about that nasty dust back there Good thing that's the only part of the office you see

Comment

Working...
                X