another new guy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another new guy.

I guess i should introduce myself since i will be asking many questions. new to xs1100's and riding in general (in fact it's my first bike). in the very near future i'll be in the chicagoland area(already here), kc area(home base) or seattle area(around august fifteenthish). looking for some friends on the site right now. I'll be around for a while though.
    Whoever coined the phrase livin' the dream forgot to mention whether it was a good dream or bad dream.

'79 XS1100F "Lucy"
    75,000 miles and still goin strong.

Hey ZR...

and welcome to chl. 11! When you say KC, is that Mo. or Kansas?

One of the first things most around here will suggestively offer is taking a motorcycle course in safe riding first, even if you've ridden a lot and it's just been a while. But if this is your first bike, it would definitely be advisable. Second, get in a lot of practice with the bike and get to know it. You haven't mentioned yet which one you have, and there is a way you can add that info to your thread post so that all can see it. It also helps us know what you have to help diagnose any problems you encounter.

If it's an 11, and this is your first bike, be careful. They do have power that can get away from you.

There is a wealth of information here at your disposal, and many great safety threads with riding tips to take advantage of.

I'm in a suburb of Tulsa, and there's a few around here from the Kansas area if that's where you're from.

Again, welcome... and feel free to send me a PM if you need. I may not know the answers.. but there's always someone here who does. It's a great site. Ride safe!
    Regards,
    Bob
    '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
    "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Welcome ZRob....and yeah if this is your first bike ever....PLEASE take the MSF course and take your time learning on these beast!! I rode for a while bfore I took a 20 year hiatis and still this thing has power to scare! You must respect it and take it easy till you learn how it handles or you to can be a road kill road fill.

As also mentioned, let us know what year and model or style you found! and we LOVE pictures!!
      Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
      80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
      93 GSX600F
      80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
      81 XS1100 Special
      81 CB750 C
      80 CB750 C
      78 XS750

Comment

it is an xs1100 f (standard) '79. and thanks for the support i already love this site very much. I'll have pictures tonight probably.
        Whoever coined the phrase livin' the dream forgot to mention whether it was a good dream or bad dream.

'79 XS1100F "Lucy"

Comment

Welcome to the site. I would suggest posting in the XS forum instead of the "other bikes" area. This would help getting exposure for any questions you might have. The traffic there is a bit heavier than it is here. Looking forward to the pictures. There are plenty of folks around the MKC area if you need another set of hands to help out on something.
          1980 XS850SG - Sold
          1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
          Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
          Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
          -H. Ford

Comment

sorry no photo bucket account yet, workin on it maybe pics tonight definitely tomorrow.

'79 XS1100F "Lucy"

Comment

to answer your ? it's missouri area lee's summit to be exact.

'79 XS1100F "Lucy"

Comment

Welcome Zombierob,You are in for an xsive experience.
                Rick
                80 SG XS1100
                14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

thanks rick, i happened to notice you're in spokane, i hope when i move to seattle in august we can go for a ride sometime.

'79 XS1100F "Lucy"

Comment

Yea drop me a line.I'm actually thinking about heading over to Everette to see my cousin this summer sometime too.
                    Are you coming right through Spokane on I90?Maybe we can hookup then.
                    Ride safe. Rick
                    80 SG XS1100
                    14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

Working...
                    X