XJ shocks on XS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XJ shocks on XS

Finally got my XJ shocks done and mounted on the XS. I think it looks good and decided to post a few pics.

Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
    '82 XJ1100
    '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Man, that looks nice!

Regards,

Scott
    -- Scott
    _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
    1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
    1979 XS1100F: parts
    2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

I'm running XJ shocks on a SG bagger. Seem to work well for me. Dampener on 1, 15 psi works well 1 up and lightly loaded. How are you setting yours? One thing to watch: if it bottoms out, you're low on oil. You want 5W fork oil in there, 2.9" down from the air hose hole, shock held vertically.
      1980 XS 11 Special: The King of Kong, 9th wonder of the world. Pacifico fairing, chopped shield, Yamaha hard bags, Diamond seat, T-Kat fork brace, XJ top end, YICS Eliminator, '80 carbs from Spyder Cycle Works, K&N Air filter, Fuse block, stainless steel valves & reg/rect from Oregon MC Parts. Raptor CCT, XJ air shocks, 850 FD, Sportster mufflers, Standard handle bar, Tusk Bar Risers, SS braided brake lines. Cat Eye speedometer. HID projector beam headlight, LED running lights.

Comment

Looks good! Only thing I dislike is the loss of the gold accent of the springs on the MNS. It does make it more black though
        1980 XS850SG - Sold
        1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
        Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
        Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
        -H. Ford

Comment

The only thing on my shock springs that were close to gold was the rust. lol. The springs were chrome.

I currently have 20lbs in them and dampener on 3. Haven't put too many miles on them yet to see where I will end up setting them. I did use fork oil and measured it carefully. BTW it comes out to about 4.5 oz of fluid in each.
          Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
          '82 XJ1100
          '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

Working...
          X