will a xj seat fit an xs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will a xj seat fit an xs

I am going to make a seat and I need a seat pan and I am wondering if a xj seat pan mounts the same way as a xs and if I could use it as a starting point if I found one. If any one has an old seat or seat pan not in good shape lying around I am onterested or I could use some of yalls custom seat ideas or how you did it. I am looking to do more of a single seat I also have a special seat in great shape with new cover I might trade for a seat already made.
    79 XS 1100 Special

The XJ seat uses a quick release latching mechanism, totally different than the XS series. Regrettably, even among the XS's Yamaha changed things a bit with the different tanks..special/standard and then also with the grab rails in the later 80-81 vs. the 78-79 series, and so they have different shapes, same with position of the TCI, so different recesses in the pan for it also.

I believe the standards 78-79 will fit, and even the special because they/Yamaha hadn't made that big of a drop from pilot to pillion section like they did with the 80-81 series! YMMV.
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Working...
    X