No seals yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No seals yet

So I've been waiting for my fork seals to come in it's been a week now with no riding kinda suck so I thought I would get a few things done on the bike. I powder coated an extra triple tree I had kicking around ,it only took one beer . I will install it when I replace my new fork seals when they come in.

I polished my fork tubes and installed a set of progressive fork springs and put in a new set of seals well I had oil everywhere ,up on the engine my leg ,wheel .Just like I had no seal at all . I guess I did something wrong . I'm not sure what I installed a few before with no problems.

BDF Special
    80SG Vetter bagger 1196 Wiseco big bore kit, Mega Cycle Cams, slotted cam gears, ported and flowed head, bronze intake seats, Dyno Jet kit, Dyno coils and Mikes XS air pods, Venture cam chain adjuster,Geezer's regulator, Clutch mod, Mac 4 into 1 with custom built and tuned baffle, Oil cooler,MikesXS emulators mod.
    Dyno tuned to 98 hp at the rear wheel.

Do you do your own powder coating?
    1980 XS1100 SG
    Inline fuel filters
    New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
    160 mph speedometer mod
    Kerker Exhaust
    xschop K & N air filter setup
    Dynojet Recalibration kit
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
    1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Comment

Yes I do ,I picked up a Eastwood powder coating kit. I bought some "Wet Black" powder and the stuff is amazing . The kit cost a fraction of what it would to pay for every piece I want painted.
      BDF Special
      80SG Vetter bagger 1196 Wiseco big bore kit, Mega Cycle Cams, slotted cam gears, ported and flowed head, bronze intake seats, Dyno Jet kit, Dyno coils and Mikes XS air pods, Venture cam chain adjuster,Geezer's regulator, Clutch mod, Mac 4 into 1 with custom built and tuned baffle, Oil cooler,MikesXS emulators mod.
      Dyno tuned to 98 hp at the rear wheel.

Comment

Leaky forks!

Yeah, I did the same thing a while back. I went cheap and bought a set of "pyramid" seals on ebay. Not much cheaper than OEM, and they leaked right away!

SWMBO read me the riot act about not buying OEM, then went and bought OEM seals, so now I get to do it again!

Lesson learned. Buy OEM only fork seals!
        Gone but never Forgotten:
        1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:
        2006 Yamaha FJR1300A - "Orion"
        2007 Honda CBR600RR - "Twitch"

"Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid on broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

Working...
        X