No announcement yet.

Left Rear Wheel Bearings coming in!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payment has been paypaled - Thanks, Randy.
    I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

You're welcome, Doug. I'm glad to be able to help some guys out. I've been searching for this bearing high & low for a few years. I've just been fortunate enough to finally find a supply house that is willing to deal with small quantities and do the search work.

I've hedged my bets and kept two spare for myself!

What sort of demand is still out there, I wonder? I'll post a poll to get an idea.

Comment

bearing

Thanks randy payment is on the way.

James
        BDF Special
        80SG Vetter bagger 1196 Wiseco big bore kit, Mega Cycle Cams, slotted cam gears, ported and flowed head, bronze intake seats, Dyno Jet kit, Dyno coils and Mikes XS air pods, Venture cam chain adjuster,Geezer's regulator, Clutch mod, Mac 4 into 1 with custom built and tuned baffle, Oil cooler,MikesXS emulators mod.
        Dyno tuned to 98 hp at the rear wheel.

Comment

Randy, Paypal sent. Sorry forgot to put XS11 handle. Margate, FL address. Thanks again.
          2H7 (79)
          3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

☮

Comment

randy

I will pay tomorrow when my paycheck clears
            91 kwaka kz1000p
            Stock

( Insert clever quote here )

Comment

That's cool, Garth!

Comment

Randy - I would think demand would be pretty good. When I talked to my brother (who squeezes a nickle until tears come out of Thomas Jefferson's eyes) and explained to him that these things are next to impossible to find, and they're a part that will wear out eventually, and that bearings and races aren't the best parts to buy used - even he got up off the dough. Admittedly, I did a little sales job on him, but he'll thank me for it later . And I'll thank you again for them now. Thanks for looking out for your fellow XSives.
                I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

All the bearings shipped out this morning. Sorry for the delay, but work was especially busy this week.

Comment

You da' man, Randy!

Tim
                    Tim Ripley - Gaithersburg, MD
                    1981 XS1100 Special "Spoiled Rotten" Just sold - currently bikeless!!
                    23mm float height
                    120 main jets
                    42.5 pilot jets
                    drilled stock airbox with K&N
                    Jardine 4 to 1 Exhaust
                    spade fusebox
                    1st and 2nd gear fix

Comment

thanks Randy

Just got the part, I am going to see if any one on the west coast can match it
                      91 kwaka kz1000p
                      Stock

( Insert clever quote here )

Comment

Geez....

I don't know if I need one or not, but with three bikes and a total of five real wheels, what are my chances? Pretty good, eh? Looks like maybe the bearings are all gone though, but maybe I could at least get a photo to look at and keep in a safe place as these things seem to be an endangered species ... would be nice to know what they looked like before they became extinct? .... just kiddin'. If there's still one left, put me down too, please, R.
                        80G Mini-bagger
                        VM33 Smooth bores, Pods, 4/1 Supertrapp, SS brake lines, fork brace

Past XS11s

79F Stone stocker and former daily driver, sold May '10 now converting for N.O. to cafe style
                        79SF eventually dismantled for parts
                        79F Bought almost new in 80, sold for a house
                        79F The Ernie bike sold to a Navy dude summer 08
                        79SF Squared-off Special, Vetter/Bates tour pkg., Mikes XS coils, G rear fender and tail light. Sold June 09

Comment

Thanks Randy!

Comment

You're welcome, Andy. The other is on it's way.

Comment

I got mine Randy today. Thanks a bunch. Now I need to order the other one for the back, seals and bearings and seals for the front. Can anyone tell me the best source. I am assuming Yamaha.

Deny
                              1978 XS1100E - The TimeMachine
                              1980 XS850 Special - Little Mo

Comment

Denny, yamaha will charge a bunch. Partsnmore has 'em. also have seen the sets on Ebay made by 'all balls'

Comment

Working...
                                X