spring project - fuse box and horn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spring project - fuse box and horn

Hey all, been working on the bike and wanted to put up a few pictures of my handy work. I also want to thank TC for making those cool little fuse boxes available to us all.

I installed the new fuse box like this....

I used 90 degree "flag" connectors for the wires, but due to how short the PO had cut a few I still had to trim the top off of the mounting plate to keep the wires from being stressed. Before this there was 1 fuse in the stock box and the rest were "inline" fuse holders spliced in, really looked nasty.
    Now some will be wondering what that big purple relay where the "accessory" fuse used to be is for? Well I decided the little beep from the 30 year old stock horn wasn't enough so I wired in a Wolo badboy air horn like this...

It's hidden and loud as heck! triggered by the stock horn button, wired via the relay and fuse box right to the battery so I've got plenty of honk now.
    1979 xs1100 Special -
    Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Short Stack - 1981 xs1100 Standard - lowered for SWMBO.

Originally posted by fredintoon
    Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
    My Bike:
    [link is broken]

I want to hear it!!

Hey Psycho,
    I've got Fiams on my XJ and have a set yet to install on the '80G. They're loud but I'm sure nothing like an air horn,,,!!! Would like to hear those. Having them by the swing arm pivot may cause your socks to blow away!!
    1980G Standard, Restored
    Kerker 4 - 1
    850 Rear End Mod
    2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
    Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
    Automatic CCT
    1980GH Special, Restored
    Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
    '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
    Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

Working...
    X