Am I asking for trouble?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I asking for trouble?

So I get a little oil drip out of the breather filter every once in a while. Didn't do it with 15W40, but does with 20W50. Not going to quit running the 20/50, but I thought I might put a PCV valve on the end of the hose before the filter. My question is this - which way does the breather need to be able to breath - in or out?
    I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Usually the valves are set to let air out, but not back in.

They are designed to limit internal pressure, without letting in dirt.

The small amount of oil you get in the air cleaner is normal, and actually helps to trap dirt!
    Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
    '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

Craz - Thanks, man. I've got it on there that way now. Definitely have a well-oiled filter , although it shouldn't be getting as much action with the pcv.
      I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

Working...
      X