petcocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• petcocks

anyone have a good site or link for petcocks for 1980 mns 1100??
    testing 1-2-3

1980 1100 mns

Do you need the whole petcock, or just a rebuild kit? The rebuild kits are availble at PartsNMore, Z1 and several places on e-bay, and the black petcocks for the MNS are available Here (#1) and Here (#2)
    Last edited by CatatonicBug; 04-29-2009, 11:07 AM.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

sorry catabug, should have specified..just the kit is good
      thanx again
      testing 1-2-3

1980 1100 mns

Comment

Don't forget to replace the diaphragm in the octy, if you still have it on there. The rubber can get old and cracked. It usually comes with the petcock rebuild kits anyway. The diaphragm is the only moving part in there, so it's really easy to replace.
        1980 XS850SG - Sold
        1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
        Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
        Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
        -H. Ford

Comment

Don't forget to replace the diaphragm in the octy
          That's the place they've been having some problems with the rebuild kits for the vacuum petcocks. Evidently the plug on the diaphram is slightly shorter than the stock plug, and has been a source of 'dribbles syndrome'. Some members have actually gone back to their stock diaphrams with the new o-rings and stopped the leak. Don't know if it's an issue on the specials, but it might be worth measuring the plugs to make sure they're the same length.
          I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

Working...
          X