No announcement yet.

Speed bleeders make it easy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just ordered a set from E-bay- cant wait as my one bleeder screw holes was partially closed .Hope this helps alot.
    1980 XS1100 SG
    Inline fuel filters
    New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
    160 mph speedometer mod
    Kerker Exhaust
    xschop K & N air filter setup
    Dynojet Recalibration kit
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
    1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Comment

So my package arrived and read the instructions before installing(that's a first)I put a clear piece of hose and cracked open the bleeder and pumped the brake lever until no bubbles came out.Topped off master cylinder and closed the bleeder.Lever now is super hard-i doubt if the lever actually moves more than 1/2".Took bike for a test ride and all i can say is WOW!Never had the brakes bled as easy as that.
      1980 XS1100 SG
      Inline fuel filters
      160 mph speedometer mod
      Kerker Exhaust
      1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100

Comment

I find they facilitate that little maintenance item that most of us avoid - an annual brake fluid change. It takes like 10 minutes with the speed bleeders. One thing to be aware of with them is that, if the system has too much air in it (like when upgrading to SS lines, or rebuilding a caliper), you may have to use the regular bleeders initially and then finish off with the speed bleeders, so don't throw the old ones away. Also, if you get to the point (some years from now) when the sealing material on the threads of the speed bleeders starts to get worn, it can be removed and replaced with a couple wraps of teflon tape. Those little things are great.
        I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

In about 10 minutes tops i had the old fluid out of the master cylinder and the new fluid(DOT4)in.Hardest part was i didn't attach the hose right away to the bleeder screw and shot brake fluid about 20 feet across the driveway!Took more time to clean the fluid up then to bleed the brakes.Also i didn't know they came 2 in a package and ordered 3 packages instead- 2 for the front & one for the back.So now i have extras.
          1980 XS1100 SG
          Inline fuel filters
          160 mph speedometer mod
          Kerker Exhaust
          1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100

Comment

Working...
          X