Pick your brain about brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andysutt View Post
    Maybe someone should post a tech article on how to bench bleed for those of us that don't know how
    All you gotta do is fill the MC and hold your fingers over the hole where the hose connects. Press the plunger in and let the air out of the hole. seal the hole back up with your finger, and release the plunger. Do this several times until fluid shoots out past your finger and you can't hold it back anymore.

Once that is done, just install it in the bike and bleed the system like usual.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

Originally posted by CatatonicBug View Post
      All you gotta do is fill the MC and hold your fingers over the hole where the hose connects. Press the plunger in and let the air out of the hole. seal the hole back up with your finger, and release the plunger. Do this several times until fluid shoots out past your finger and you can't hold it back anymore.

Once that is done, just install it in the bike and bleed the system like usual.

Thanks. I meant maybe a tech article on it, but this will work. lol

I didn't know you could use your fingers however
      '80 XS 1100 Standard

Comment

I didn't know you could use your fingers however
        Yeah, just don't use the same finger to stir your drink, unless you wash it first!
        Ray Matteis
        KE6NHG
        XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
        XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Yup, Ray's on to it - you don't want to contaminate your fresh brake fluid.
          Ken Talbot

Comment

Working...
          X