No announcement yet.

1981 bagger help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was thinking from other posts that we over the the timing side at this point....
    Rob
    KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
    1978 XS500E
    1979 XS1100F Restored
    1980 XS1100 SG
    1981 Suzuki GS1100
    1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
    1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

I know the I plug you are talking about but i know it is the seal was watching it leak today lol anyone know the best way to take that seal out?? and i am ordering a new one on monday. cleaned all the oil soaked parts up and put them back on the motor and it started right up my miss on #1 is gone so we know that was a problem now i set the RPM at 4500 for about 1 min and stoped the bike all 4 plugs are now the same colour black lol but have been here befor will take it for a ride tomorrow 1 km or so cause of the oil seal and see if the plugs stay dark or go WHITE again.

P.S. Still wont turn over 7500 sitting in the garage. I have 45 for idle and 110 on 1 and 4 and 115 on 2 and 3

PP.SS. when i took off the pickup coil to clean i noticed it had been abused so i had the whole unit off the another 81 that looks just like new so used it i will also be taking off the the valve cover AGAIN to check my timing AGAIN just to make sure because when i loosened the timing wheel to take off the pickup coil it had at least a 1/4 inch of play the P.O. looks like he tightend the wheel on 180 out dumb ass so i could maybe be off a tooth one way or another so anyways thats where i am if this dosent do it i will be putting the bike aside till i can get the boys to come out and look over it with me cause i am or will be stumped if this dosent do it.

thanks for everyones imput please keep bringing it i must be missing somthing small.

thanks Jim
      http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i7...all2008017.jpg

Comment

Working...
      X