#3 Carb. is dead ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #3 Carb. is dead ?

I just tried out my new colortune, after having just rebuilt carbs and found out #3 is dead? I only see spark no flame at all and I am getting a bad backfire out of the right side. I pulled the drain plug on #3 and measured the fuel and it had just under 2 oz. just as I had set the float for. Also #1 and #2 ran gas out of the air filter housing like crazy, stopped after I tapped on them, but know my problem there I think. Can any of you carb experts tell me why #3 has the correct fuel level in the bowl, but is not making it into the cylinder and how to fix it? Thanks!!
    JC

added info for my dead #3 carb, help!!

To save a few replies on my previous post, I am currently running bike on a plastic lawnmower tank with an inline fuel filter to keep any possible crud out. Also, I added techron to the fuel, just for a little more insurance, will try adding my seafoam next tank. Also found another post from someone having almost identical trouble I am currently experienceing, maybe you guys will solve his problem and mine at the same time, I hope!! Thanks!!!
    JC

Comment

Have you tried revving the engine to see if you get combustion at higher rpm? Maybe the idle circuit, fed by the pilot jet, is still plugged and not allowing fuel at an idle. Is the tip broken on the idle mixture screw? Another list member discovered that the T that connects to each carb, and then to the vent tube was plugged, not allowing air into the float bowl.
      Brian
      1978E Midlife Crisis - A work in progress
      1984 Kawasaki 550 Ltd - Gone, but not forgotten

A married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
      remembering the same thing!

Comment

Thanks for the help, #3 is now trying to come around and when doing it's share the bike was sounding better then it ever has since I have had it. Still slightly rough but when my carb sticks show up and I use the factory pro site to fine tune them I hope to be good to go. Do you have any other suggestions to get it to come in completely? I did mistakenly use a suggestion of 3 in 1 oil on the slide before installation as it was slightly coming down / sticking a little more then the others, which only made it worse. I greatly appreciate everyones help, thanks again
        JC

Comment

Working...
        X