Fuse Block Mod to XJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuse Block Mod to XJ

Anyone out there ever did the fuse block modification to an XJ. I just received my fuse block and prepared to do the mod when I noticed the mounting plate for the old fuse holder isn't the same as the one shown on the Maintenance Tips / Techniques. I believe the mod was for an XS not an XJ. I put together a fix last fall when reworking the bike by using the stakons (crimps) and the new style fuse in anticipation of the fuse block. Before I started my wiring, I took one of the screws for the old fuse block as a mount for the new block and then checked to see if I could get teh side cover on - it would not fit. Suggestions ? If ya'll need me to send some pics let me know I'll see what I can do.
    Whew, more work here than I thought!!!

I haven't, but I read in one of the threads here...it's been done!
    in fact, TC did it, I think it was MadMax (the bike, not the owner)
    but Max was in the name, for sure
    and, they were doing a trans fix, if that helps with search
    1980 XS11 Special aka The Monster
    "My life used to be a Soap Opera, until I realized something, I own the network."
    My Photo Bucket

Comment

THis is how I did it...

Here's the link for a thread I started on this subject:

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20011
      1980G Standard, Restored
      Kerker 4 - 1
      850 Rear End Mod
      2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
      Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
      Automatic CCT
      1980GH Special, Restored
      Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
      '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
      Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

Great, thanks for the assist. I will be putting it on today. Son is here for Spring Break, gotta take him fishing first, but tonight... it is a date with Laayla! Damn, I love this site.

Cliff

If at first you don't succeed, read the forums, post a question, and then try try try again!!!
        Whew, more work here than I thought!!!

Comment

Working...
        X