Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone used the TecMate Carbmate TS111.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone used the TecMate Carbmate TS111.....

in place of carb sticks or guages? How do you like it?

Also, will just colortuning achieve the same results as synching?
    Last edited by Giggity; 04-11-2009, 11:26 AM. Reason: link did not show up
    1979 XS1100 Standard
    Putting it together........

Originally posted by Giggity View Post
    in place of carb sticks or guages? How do you like it?

Also, will just colortuning achieve the same results as synching?
    I have not used the carb sticks but can tell you that color tuning is not the same but can influence the sync operation. Color tuning will tell you if all the cylinder s are getting equal fuel so they can be adjusted accordingly. When all are getting equal fuel and are burning the same, the sync will be more accurate. I do the operation twice. Sync, color tune, sync and then recheck color tune.
    Rob
    KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
    1978 XS500E
    1979 XS1100F Restored
    1980 XS1100 SG
    1981 Suzuki GS1100
    1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
    1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Giggity - Maybe this will help -

Here's a colortune (this is a 10mm, but what you need is a 14mm). Note the little sparkplug-looking thing - that's the mainest part.

Here's the Carbmate -

And according to the information I saw on the carbmate, you also need to 4-channel adapter to do a four carb synch -

The carbmate will run around $75, but that four channel adapter is another $50, which makes it kind of pricy.

I've heard good things about the Carbtune Pro, and if I didn't already have gauges I think that's what I would use - around $80, and it's all there for four carbs.
      Here's a good article on the carbtune that explains how it works.

Last edited by dbeardslee; 04-11-2009, 01:26 PM.
      I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

I have in the past been using the carbtune and the colortune. I bought the colortune on ebay for $10.00. The crabtune was $100.00. So far so good with both. Used them on my XS and some of my friends bike.
        Four wheels move your body, two wheels move your soul.

ATGATT, It could save your life!

1980 XS 1100SG
        Dyna 3 Ohm Hi Output Coils
        Pod Filters
        DynoJet Kit
        T.C.'s Fuse Block
        Slip Streamer Turbo Windshield
        Custom Tank and Side Cover Decals
        V-Max Auto CCT

Comment

I love the carbtune.No mercury and it fits in its case easily and stored in tool box.
          80 SG XS1100
          14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

Cheap set of gauges will work good too. Calibrate them and the result is by far acceptable. Never have used the Carbmate.
            2H7 (79)
            3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

You could get better results with the all vinyl tubing manometer that costs less that $5 to make and a half hour to construct.
              '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

I've seen the $15 one in tech tips. Where is the $5 one?
                1979 XS1100 Standard
                Putting it together........

Comment

Haven't had the chance to see the Carbmate work. I think you have a better visual with a manometer.

First go around I made the vinyl tube $5 yardstick. It worked good and I was able to sync the carbs on an XJ650.

A couple years ago I picked up a CarbtunePro and couple of Colortune plugs, 12mm & 14mm. They both work great and dont have to worry about sucking up the metering fluid. 18 bikes later, they definetely paid for themselves.
                  Richard

Comment

Working...
                  X