Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Fender

Hi,

I need a new front fender for my XS1100 1980 Yamaha.
    I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the front fender off a 1978 XS1100
    is the same fender and fit on my bike as I can get one for a 78.

Any info would be great

Thanks

All the Standard front fenders should be interchangeable, as they all use the same wheel, forks, and calipers. Special front fenders won't fit a Standard, and Standards won't fit a Special.
    Last edited by bikerphil; 04-09-2009, 04:26 PM.
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

I got one off ebay, and one set of screw holes had to be slightly changed, it might have been off a special or a newer model to fit my '78. It would have hit the back of the tire. It was one piece vs. my '78 was 2 piece....
      Dave
      1978 XS1100E

Comment

LEGOing around

Hi Lordskeep,
        Any Standard XS front fender will fit your bike. From XS650 on up for sure because I tried it. Perhaps even an XS400? You'd have to offer one up to be sure.
        Not Specials though. An XS11 Special's front wheel is further forward so a Standard fender has it's mounting holes in the wrong place and the tire will rub.
        XS750 & XS850 Special fenders will fit on XS11 Specials though.
        Fred Hill, S'toon
        XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
        "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

fender

i got a 78 especial.took the fender off me 550 maxim.fits fine no problem.got a 100/90-19 tire on there.that might help.
          1978e. special forks.she's a frankinstien.a bit of this a bit of that.its a monster

Comment

if you can find the front fender off of an 82-83 xj650lj/lk seca turbo....it will fit perfect with no mods and its lighter (plastic) i have one on my standard
            when in doubt...get a bigger hammer
            '78 XS11e, '79 XS11sf,'81 Mazda RX7, '83 XJ650lj Turbo, '95 Ford F150, '93 Chevy K2500, '04 Honda Pilot,
            '89 Arctic Cat Wildcat, '89 Arctic Cat El Tigre 530, '81 Arctic Cat Trailcat 340, '79 john deere trailfire 440,
            '78 Cadillac Seville
            Don't steal the government hates competition

Comment

Hey Guys,

How would I know if this fender is for a standard or a special?
              http://www.benefiscal.co.uk/partinfo.php?myid=43854
              1980 XS1100SG
              In the process of making her look pretty!
              P.S., TomRodgers has the best avatar icon ever!

Comment

That rear fender has the hinge on the front, so it is definitely a Standard. Can also tell by the part code. 2H9 = Non-US Standard 78-80.
                2H7 (79)
                3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Working...
                X