Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for XS 1100 mechanic in MN

Hello everyone,
    I am looking for a guy in Minnesota who mainly works on XS 1100's. He goes by the name Ole, and is in Milica, MN. I used to have his business card, but I have moved a couple of times and now I can't find it. I also know he used to have a website, but searches on Google turned up nothing. If anyone can help me out, it would be appreciated. Thank you.

techmgnt
    '79 SF Special (deer hunter special)
    '79 SF Special Full Dress (restoring)
    '80 SG Standard

Isn't he the guy that used to have for auction on ebay, a bunch of freshly painted tanks and side covers? If it is the same guy, he did some fine work.

Comment

I am not sure, but I know he does sell a restored bike or two a year on ebay. Yes, he does do good work. I have been to his shop and seen it in person. He works on only XS's and old Goldwings. He makes them as original as possible. He will rebuild the engine and tranny, or do a complete restore down to the frame. He has some customers from overseas and all over the US.
      '80 SG Standard

Comment

Tech - Sorry, but I just have to ask. What's the story on the 'deer hunter special'? In my own brain I narrowed it down to three possibilities - either it has something to do with the old Deniro movie, you've been draggin' bucks with it, or the handlebars are turned around backwards . Am I even close?
        I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

OK several years ago for some reason lost to me now I took a piece of paper and wrote upon it
          ENGINE REBUILD
          OLE
          651 492 4019

I cant remember where it came from and I don't remember why, but it sits in my repair book and every once in a while
          Ill happen upon it and wonder if I should throw it away
          So I'm glad I didn't and good luck with whatever you need him for
          Gary
          1100SH The Chosen one

Honda XR650L The Muddy one

Comment

XS1100 mechanic in Minnesota

Please let all of us xsives know If Ole is still working on our honeys.I live in Rice it's about 35miles away,And I have needs of a good xs1100sf mechanic.......................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........... 79XS1100sf "CLYDE" SS BRAKE LINES,NEW FUSE BOX,4-1KERKER EXHAUST,

Comment

Originally posted by dbeardslee View Post
              Tech - Sorry, but I just have to ask. What's the story on the 'deer hunter special'? In my own brain I narrowed it down to three possibilities - either it has something to do with the old Deniro movie, you've been draggin' bucks with it, or the handlebars are turned around backwards . Am I even close?
              Hey dbeardslee,
              No, your not close. In June 2007, I was returning from northern MN on a road trip for my birthday. I had made it 3/4 of the trip and had just drove back into Iowa along the Mississippi River. I had been driving along the river all day on the twisty roads, even thru the rain. I was coming out of a small right hand curve when a deer jumped out of the ditch on the left hand side of the road. I never had a chance. I hit the deer at highway speed, completely square in the head. It threw me off the side of the bike onto my head, shoulder and knee. Needless to say, the deer never crossed the road again and I learned that I do bounce off pavement.
              I have not been on a bike since and need to find this mechanic in MN so I can send some work his way. Ironically, I had visited his shop on this trip and was returning home from his shop on the same day I hit the deer. This guy does some pretty good work. Just hope he is still in business.
              So that's my story, nothing glorious. The only feel good part of this story is the fact that after the accident, I was able to walk away with no broken bones, not even a fracture. Just rashes and bruises. I definitly believe in wearing a helmet.
              '80 SG Standard

Comment

Originally posted by clyderider View Post
                Please let all of us xsives know If Ole is still working on our honeys.I live in Rice it's about 35miles away,And I have needs of a good xs1100sf mechanic.......................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........... 79XS1100sf "CLYDE" SS BRAKE LINES,NEW FUSE BOX,4-1KERKER EXHAUST,
                Hey clyderider,
                I hope I do find him. I can almost remember how to get to his house. He lived NW of Milica, MN on a county blacktop road that was under construction in 2007. The road runs east and west. As good as my memory is as to where he lives, you would think I could remember where I put his business card! So, if you are in the mood for a drive, I might be able to point you in the right direction. I am going to look at some maps to help jog my memory some more.
                '80 SG Standard

Comment

Another option!?

Hey Tech and Cycle,

If you know the general location, try finding some bike/dealer shops(Yamaha and Honda) close to that area. Perhaps he has advertised his business to them for folks with old bikes looking for work, and the dealerships service dept might send them to him since they don't want to work on bikes older than 10 years usually!?
                  T.C.
                  T. C. Gresham
                  81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                  79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                  History shows again and again,
                  How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Has anybody tried the number from my last post?
                    651 492 4019
                    thats a phone number
                    Gary
                    1100SH The Chosen one

Honda XR650L The Muddy one

Comment

Ole's Classic Motorcycles

Ole is still in business. His number is 651-492-4019. I talked to him Saturday. He just completed a 79 Special from bare frame with all components rebuilt/restored for me. He does nice work. His address is 13273 160th. St., Milaca, Mn.

Comment

Yes!!!

Originally posted by Mississippi View Post
                        Ole is still in business. His number is 651-492-4019. I talked to him Saturday. He just completed a 79 Special from bare frame with all components rebuilt/restored for me. He does nice work. His address is 13273 160th. St., Milaca, Mn.
                        Thanks a ton Mississippi. That's the guy I was looking for. I know he used to have a website, you don't happen to have that by chance? This guy does some really nice work. He has references a mile long, and some of his work comes from people overseas. So, for anyone who is looking for some restoration work done, I wouldn't hesitate to call Ole.
                        '80 SG Standard

Comment

Website

Tech, His website used to be www.olesclassicmotorcycles.com but it dosen't open up any more. The phone number listed is his cell ph. You will have to call him to see if he still has a website.

Comment

Working...
                          X