Any one have mac exhaust 4-2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any one have mac exhaust 4-2

Thinking of getting a set. Wondering how you lilke them for performance and sound.
    80special w/79special motor.Never ride faster than your angel can fly!!

Purchased a set of MAC 4 into 2 Turnouts this winter. Sound good, not to loud, actually I dont "think" they're as loud as the stock pipes that came off, but it does sound different with the single wall headers. Nice chrome finish and all fit right on beautifully with the parts out of the box. I have a picture in the member photo section.
    1981 XS1100 Special
    Saddlemen Seat
    MAC 4 into 2 Turnouts

Comment

I missed the rest of your post, Sorry.
      As far as performance gains, the engine does seem to breath noticebly better when I get on the throttle, and throughout all rpms, but I've cleaned and re-synced the carbs since last fall and it was running a little bit rich all last summer. Didn't touch the jets.
      1981 XS1100 Special
      Saddlemen Seat
      MAC 4 into 2 Turnouts

Comment

Really? No jet changes?

That's awsome.
        80special w/79special motor.Never ride faster than your angel can fly!!

Comment

Southhill - were you able to keep your center stand with the Mac? Also, how are they for oil filter access? I like the way they look - just curious.
          I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

I don't have a center stand, the PO must have taken it off, but the pipes come with a little black L-bracket that keeps the centerstand from damaging the bottom of the pipes if u need it. Just goes on the left side only. Oil filter access is not an issue at all and there is no crossover pipe at the back like the stock pipes, so they are 2 totally separate 2 into 1's. I was very surprised at how well they were manufactured to fit this particular bike, and how easy they went on. I just loosley mounted everything on the bike to make sure it was fitting together right, and then tightened everything up. Couldn't have been easier.
            1981 XS1100 Special
            Saddlemen Seat
            MAC 4 into 2 Turnouts

Comment

Working...
            X