No announcement yet.

bulb options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oldyam - Found this thread on HID lighting in "Product Evaluations" - hope it helps. http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15966
    I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

And found this on e-bay. Xenon bulb delivered to you for $8.50.
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1-80-...1%7C240%3A1318
      I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

The headlight lenses for a car will leave you with a blind spot when you lean the bike in a turn, because of the difference in the lenses. Aside from the extra light another reason to change from a sealed beam to a two piece Halogen setup, you can carry a spare bulb and do a change out on the road. If you really want to make changing the a burned bulb easy convert to a Vetter headlight housing and ring, they are twist off so you won't have to fumble with tools in the dark.
        Fastmover
        "Just plant us in the damn garden with the stupid
        lion". SHL
        78 XS1100e

Comment

2 screws allow you to take the lens out of the bucket on my SG.There is a ring that twists on and off.Once you twist that ring off the 3 prong bulb rests inside.I don't really see why you could not use a halogen car bulb if it fits inside.I don't want to change the lens.
          1980 XS1100 SG
          Inline fuel filters
          New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
          160 mph speedometer mod
          Kerker Exhaust
          xschop K & N air filter setup
          Dynojet Recalibration kit
          1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
          1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Comment

Originally posted by Geezer View Post
            Very cool but some of us didn't pay that much for our bikes...

Geezer
            Yeah, I know. By the time 12v L.E.D. headlights are affordable to most mortals I'll be able to pick up a used 2009 V-Max and hang a couple of L.E.D. headlights on it.

Regards,

Scott
            -- Scott
            _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
            1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
            1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
            1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
            1979 XS1100F: parts
            2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

I just put in a yellow h4 bulb in mine. It's very bright with high beam and dim with low beam at night. I have noticed that people seem to see me coming now and get out of the way. I'm sure it is annoying in their rear view mirror but I like to be seen!
              http://www.myspace.com/i_give_you_power

1980 XS11 Special - chopped, dropped and OCTY is still installed - NOW IT'S FOR SALE! $1,800 OBO

Famous Myspace quote:

"Don't mess with TEXAS! It's not nice to pick on retards."

It's funny because I am from TEXAS!

Comment

Speaking of lighting....

Just about as important as seeing is being seen!

If you haven't seen my post I made last year about BEING INVISIBLE, then click the link or go to the Member's Lounge and take a look, might open your eyes to the problems we have while riding and being seen, our maturing population of cage drivers, inattentive youth, etc.!
                T.C.
                T. C. Gresham
                81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                History shows again and again,
                How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

oldyam80

The difference isn't in the bulb it's in the lenses, you will only have to change lenses if your bike has a sealed beam, other wise you just pop out the old style bulb and pop in the halogen bulb. If there is a motorcycle salvage yard near you, you can probably pick up a used lenses for $10.00 he reflector is in good condition
                  Fastmover
                  "Just plant us in the damn garden with the stupid
                  lion". SHL
                  78 XS1100e

Comment

Working...
                  X