Starter button problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starter button problem

Starter button was missing when I got the bike. The spring was in there and pushing a screwdriver would start her.
    I ordered a new button from PNM and tried to install it today.
    I put everything together and the button will not push in. There seems to be no room for the spring to expand.
    What am I doing wrong?
    1979 XS1100 Standard
    Putting it together........

the only thing I can think of is the "dumb question, did you put inside the little bracket in the control, or on top of it? if it won't push in, there has to be something interfering with it's travel. it has been a while since I was in that part of my bike, but if I remember correctly, there's a little box shaped bracket in the control that the switch sits in, not too much else in there I think. pull the other side apart and see how the horn button is mounted, it has the same bracket, it's just hidden under the turn signal switch so pay attention as to how everything came apart and you'll have a guide to put the button in. hope this helps. have a nice day and ride safe
    I am the Lorax, I speak for the Trees

'80 XS1100 SG (It's Evil, Wicked, Mean & Nasty)

'79 XS1100 F R (IL Barrachino)

'00 Suzuki Intruder 1400 (La Soccola)

'77 KZ400s (La Putana)

Comment

Te spring should be a taperd coil with the small end toward the button. When I made a new button for mine, that spring was a PITA and liked to get caught up in the switch housing. Make sure the spring isn't blocking the travel.
      Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Working...
      X