No announcement yet.

blue chrome !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My SG has 4-2 turn-outs and they are just a bit gold at the first bend as well.

A buddy has the same set up on his CB900C and his pipes are very blue, but all 4 of his are different levels of blue....
    Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
    '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

I gotta go with Guy on this one.

Blue is the new chrome.

That's what I keep telling myself anyhow.
      Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Steel wool on chrome is not a good idea. Even 0000 grade will scratch chrome, which is very soft. Metalglo or Flitz polishing cream won't scratch, but require a huge mixture of elbow grease. Single wall pipes are gonna do that. I have seen JetHot coated pipes. They look great, but it isn't cheap.
        1980 XS 11 Special: The King of Kong, 9th wonder of the world. Pacifico fairing, chopped shield, Yamaha hard bags, Diamond seat, T-Kat fork brace, XJ top end, YICS Eliminator, '80 carbs from Spyder Cycle Works, K&N Air filter, Fuse block, stainless steel valves & reg/rect from Oregon MC Parts. Raptor CCT, XJ air shocks, 850 FD, Sportster mufflers, Standard handle bar, Tusk Bar Risers, SS braided brake lines. Cat Eye speedometer. HID projector beam headlight, LED running lights.

Comment

We were just talking about PowderCoating in the Product Review forum, and the topic of powdercoating pipes came up. Caswell plating company...see link in the other forum post... has HI-TEMP powdercoating material designed to withstand sustained 1000 degree temps, and periodicly up to 1200!! THey have gloss black as well as a silver color....another option vs. Jet Hot!?
          T.C.
          T. C. Gresham
          81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
          79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
          History shows again and again,
          How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Working...
          X