Loose hose: Where does it go??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loose hose: Where does it go??

So this is probably a very simple solution but I was uncovering my xs11 today to take a certain someone for a ride and noticed a long thin black hose hanging down the side...I looked and it appears to be coming from the top of the drivetrain thing under the airbox. It is right next to the large breather hose that goes up to the air box...I have never seen this before and have no idea what it is or where it goes.

...I wander if someone was fiddling with my bike
    1979 XS1100SF (4-1 Kerker, XS Pods, 145 mains, 45 pilots, drag bars, blacked out)

You've got a drain tube from the gas tank, and a vent tube from the battery back around there. Not one of those, is it?
    I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

It's the middle drive vent. Allows moisture to vent from the middle drive. Supposed to route up above the airbox into a clip just behind the fuel tank. Leave the end open. Possibly it just slipped out, or maybe a rodent was looking for a napping place?

Comment

hmm

Whoo.. thanks Randy! Ill try and route it back up!
        1979 XS1100SF (4-1 Kerker, XS Pods, 145 mains, 45 pilots, drag bars, blacked out)

Comment

If it is connected to the middle drive it is a vent. It usually is held in place by some clips and routed upwards behind the air box. If it's not connected to anything check to see if it is the battery over flow. That hangs down under the bike.
          79 F full cruiser, stainless brake lines, spade fuses, Accel coils, modded air box w/larger velocity stacks, 750 FD.
          79 SF parts bike.

Comment

Where Oh Where does that little hose go....

Well...actually....it is supposed to go to a clip that is UNDER the gas tank. (at least it is on my special).

The vent from the middle drive goes up behind the air box, and ends on/in a clip that is part fo a bracket that is bolted down by the same bolt that hods the air box bracket at the top. It is not under the seat area, but under the gas tank.
            Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
            80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
            93 GSX600F
            80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
            81 XS1100 Special
            81 CB750 C
            80 CB750 C
            78 XS750

Comment

Working...
            X