Help get me started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help get me started

I am garaging my mates xs1100 while he is laid up. Battery is flat. I cant see how to get the seat off!, to get at the battery. It's a good job you guys can't see how embarresed I am having to ask basic questions like this. Hope there's someone out there who is prepared to tell me.
    Regards Huddie

Special or Standard?
    1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
    2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

There should be two 14mm bolts... one under each side of the seat about a third of the seat length from the back of the seat... loosen them and slide them out of the retaining mounts...
      There's also a lip that secures the front of the seat... just slide the seat back once the bolts are loosened and removed from the mounts...
      Last edited by Wildkat; 03-31-2009, 02:24 AM.
      81 SH Something Special
      81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
      81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
      80 LG Black Magic
      78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
      For those on FB

Comment

Wasnt sure if standards were the same as specials, obviously they are.
        1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
        2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

And the sidecover too.

Originally posted by huddie View Post
          I am garaging my mates xs1100 while he is laid up. Battery is flat. I cant see how to get the seat off!, to get at the battery. It's a good job you guys can't see how embarresed I am having to ask basic questions like this. Hope there's someone out there who is prepared to tell me.
          Regards Huddie
          Hi Huddie,
          Yeah, like Wildkat sez, reach up and under with a 14mm deep socket on a ratchet to spin the trapped nuts loose so the T-bolts can be slid forward to get the seat off. The XS11's designer must have developed hidden fastener syndrome on holding the seat down.And while his head was up his arse he made the left hand side cover lock on with the ignition key. You also gotta remove that sidecover to remove the battery.
          Fred Hill, S'toon
          XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
          "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Working...
          X