stock jet size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stock jet size

I know that this is a subject that gets beat to death but I have seen different numbers and I am confused.
    What size main and idle jets are in a stock 79 xs11 special I am trying to determine what size I need for my upgrades
    79 XS 1100 Special

Service manual states 137.5 main and 42.5 pilot jet for stock settings .

If you don't have one already pick a Clymer's or Yamaha manual it's a great addition to the help and advice you will find here.
    BDF Special
    80SG Vetter bagger 1196 Wiseco big bore kit, Mega Cycle Cams, slotted cam gears, ported and flowed head, bronze intake seats, Dyno Jet kit, Dyno coils and Mikes XS air pods, Venture cam chain adjuster,Geezer's regulator, Clutch mod, Mac 4 into 1 with custom built and tuned baffle, Oil cooler,MikesXS emulators mod.
    Dyno tuned to 98 hp at the rear wheel.

Comment

Ex - When you get your jets, I would make sure they are genuine mikuni. The numbers can mean different things from manufacturer to manufacturer. I got mine at Jetsrus. Might be able to get them cheaper at mikesxs.
      I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

Good idea I didn't think about that would mikes xs carry jets for or carbs are the 650 carbs the same
        79 XS 1100 Special

Comment

Ex - what you want is the large round mikuni main jets in the appropriate size, and 30/96 type pilots, again, in the apporpriate size. Mikes has 'em. Look under carb main jets, and carb pilot jets. At $6 a pair the price is hard to beat. When I get stuff from Mikes I always try to consolidate my purchases and get at least $50 worth of stuff so as not to pay shipping.

Your carbs should be Mikuni BS34's for future reference.
          Last edited by dbeardslee; 03-30-2009, 07:14 PM.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

Thanks again I am still learning bought this bike and doing all the work myself including cutting the 2nd gear with out spliting cases I learned on here and now I am in the process of wiring and exhaust I have really enjoyed it and look forward to riding and maybe even getting a standard to turn into a sport style bike
            79 XS 1100 Special

Comment

The great thing is, eventually you run out of things to fix. Then it's fun time . Good luck with it.

Comment

Working...
              X