Screw on oil filter adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screw on oil filter adapter

Has anyone put a screw on oil filter adapter onto an XJ1100J Maxim?
    Does it lessen your ground clearance over the original?
    How do you like it?
    Do the adapters cost very much?
    Where can I get one for the XJ1100.
    Dell82
    Dell82
    Houston, TX
    82' XJ1100J Maxim "LASERMAX"
    SOLD 86' Kawasaki Voyager XII, 1200cc SOLD
    SOLD 82' CB450SC Nighthawk, FOR SALE SOLD
    SOLD 82' CB450SC Nighthawk, parts bike SOLD

Spin on Oil Filter adapter

if you lurk a lot and explore the site you'll find most answers
    1980 XS11SG
    Dunlop elite 3's, progressive fork springs, tkat brace
    Stock motor, airbox, carbs, exhaust
    ratted out, mean, and nasty

Comment

Hey Dell, TC makes and sells the adapters. I don't know if he has any in stock, or is waiting for enough orders to run a batch.

Comment

I would be interested in purchasing one
        They look pretty slick
        HEY TC!! how about an update on them
        How much?
        Did you find anybody to anodize them?
        Maybe get a few testimonials
        I have a kerker on my SH and was wondering if anybody had the same set up
        Gary
        1100SH The Chosen one

Honda XR650L The Muddy one

Comment

Hey Gary,

I have a couple left, now holding one for Dell82 till he lets me know whether he wants it or not, dependent on him double checking his pipes for fitment room. I posted the specs on how far the filter will stick out/down, as well as how much clearance is needed between the headers again for the filter to stick down between. Some pipes like the JARDINES cross too close below the filter chamber, or there isn't enough room between the headers without hitting/rubbing the filter.

I just updated the price listing, due to increases in raw stock costs and shipping costs, they are now $45.00 including S&H.

They have NOT been in production during the winter, garage not heated!

Spring usually brings folks out doing restores, fixing up projects, etc., and so I then get a few orders during this time. I make them by hand so to speak, no fancy CNC machines, takes time. No anodizing, just recommend folks paint or clear coat them, the oil preserves the insides!

I don't try to make much profit, it takes a couple of hours total time for each one, would make them way too expensive if I charged machinist rate fees, and I'm no real machinist, just a hobbyist! The SOFA doesn't improve the peformance, is barely visible, the filters are few bucks more than OEM, so most folks just prefer to continue using the OEM chamber and filter.

I just offer it as a convenient alternative to the OEM. T.C.
          T. C. Gresham
          81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
          79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
          History shows again and again,
          How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

TC is too modest.

You can pick up an oil filter with a M20 thread anywhere in town, for $3.95. You have to order a stock one, and Autobone will forget your order three times, and when it finaly does get here, the o-rings will be missing and they cost about $5.

The SOFA is the way to go! And the price TC charges for whittling them out on a manual mill and lathe is about half what the "professional" ones made on a CNC machine (Read high production, statistically controlled, lower quality) cost.
            Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Well ya sold me!!
              Hold one for me
              Ill paypal your account later tonight
              Thanks
              Gary
              1100SH The Chosen one

Honda XR650L The Muddy one

Comment

Working...
              X