mounting??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mounting??

so i just got my sadlebags from a 1980g and they are are in pretty nice shape, iI am going to paint them blue to match my 79f , but my question is there a supplement to the manual that shows how they mount , I already have the bagger style rear turn signals on the way . Am I correct in thinking the mounts are as follows , rear pegs top shock bolt and do they bolt up where the stock signal goes or elswhere? any thoughts , pictures would be appreciated . also is there a way to rekey these easily , they didnt come with a key and thank god they were unlocked
    91 kwaka kz1000p
    Stock

( Insert clever quote here )

Yes, the brackets mount to the foot peg/muffler mount, upper shock mounts, and the old signal light mount holes.

Leave the signal rubbers in. There should be some big washers, the ones with a chunk cut off the side go behind.
    Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
    '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

Like crazcnuk said, the brackets mount to the foot peg mount, upper shock mounts but mine mount to the threaded hole in the frame behind the turn signal mount, just infront of the fender bolt. And my rear foot pegs mount in the hole that bolts the aluminum peg/muffler hanger to the frame. Up by the rear mastercylinder. With the pegs in the original position my bags are in the way to put your foot on the peg. So whatever will work on yours.
      79 F full cruiser, stainless brake lines, spade fuses, Accel coils, modded air box w/larger velocity stacks, 750 FD.
      79 SF parts bike.

Comment

thx guys

Confirmed, I am going to disassemble them for paint should I put the brckets back on the bags before mounting?
        91 kwaka kz1000p
        Stock

Comment

Not sure what the locks are like on those bags, but if your bike key will go into them and your able to take them apart. You might be able to re-position the wafers to work with your key. Or just take them to a locksmith to do it. They can also just cut you a key for them.
          Richard

Comment

will do

Locksmith it is then , next question is what is the color code for a blue. 79f I am going to rattle can the bags and try to match it up as close as possible , and what color for the green flake??
            91 kwaka kz1000p
            Stock

Comment

Working...
            X