carb chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb chart

About a year or three ago there was a site on here with a chart that listed carb info from several bikes listing the inlet dia. and the outlet dia. Of course I wasn't smart enough to save it. I'm wanting to find some larger velocity stacks. If someone happens to run across it would you post it please. Thanks for any help.
    79 F full cruiser, stainless brake lines, spade fuses, Accel coils, modded air box w/larger velocity stacks, 750 FD.
    79 SF parts bike.

What you're wanting doesn't ring a bell to me... but you can make any velocity stacks you want instead of trying to buy some. TC has done write up on the ones he made.

Tod
    Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
    '06 Suzuki DR650
    *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
    '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
    '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
    '81 XS1100 Special
    '81 YZ250
    '80 XS850 Special
    '80 XR100
    *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

I know I can make some out of radiator hose or the like, thanks, but I'm looking for something with a thin wall. If I can find the right stacks off of another bike they will have the air box end flaired to help the air flow, just one more positive. Why do I want this....cuz!!
      79 F full cruiser, stainless brake lines, spade fuses, Accel coils, modded air box w/larger velocity stacks, 750 FD.
      79 SF parts bike.

Comment

Well I don't know if I'll be any help as I don't know what you really want to do. But hope this may help a bit. If you were wanting to do the pod change and you didn't want that lip problem, there was one member on here and I can't remember when but it was sometime in the past 6-8 months I believe. Anyway back to what I was saying, he took the stock airbox and pulled each one out and then trimed off the flared end. He then took the rubber piece's off the pods and put the stock air box piece's on. He said it fit tighter in the pod's and of corse they fit the carb as they were for it to begin with. And you didn't have to worry about that lip causing any troubles either. You'll have to do a search for it. I'll see if I can find it but I have no luck finding things like that. Hope this may help.

I'll go and see if I can find that post.
        Chris

79 XS1100 Standard aka: Mutt
        87 Honda TRX350D 4X4: Old Blue!
        93 NewYorker Salon: Sleeper...
        71 RoadRunner 440 Magnum: Mean Green!
        69 Charger 440 Magnum: Pleasure Ride!

Gimme Fuel Gimme Fire!

Comment

I found what I was talking about. Even tho I really don't think this is what you are talking about. Hope this gives you a idea. Hope I didn't waste your time.

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...highlight=pods
          Chris

79 XS1100 Standard aka: Mutt
          87 Honda TRX350D 4X4: Old Blue!
          93 NewYorker Salon: Sleeper...
          71 RoadRunner 440 Magnum: Mean Green!
          69 Charger 440 Magnum: Pleasure Ride!

Gimme Fuel Gimme Fire!

Comment

Not quite what I'm looking for, I appreciate your efforts.
            My xs air box is highly modified. I like the looks of the stock air box.
            When I put my ZXR carbs on w/ out V. stacks or pods it screams as compared to w/ the xs v. stacks and bottom of air box off, pods or any other combination. I would like to find a set of larger dia. stacks for more air flow, of course I will have to cut off the enlarged lip that goes on the carb but then I would have a larger through hole. If I could find a chart or if someone knows of a bike that takes stacks that are about 60-62 mm I think that would do. I know the fzr 1000 is in the ball park but the only ones I can find are about $90.
            79 SF parts bike.

Comment

OK, I'll try this from a different angle. Does anybody know which bikes take a 38mm carb? Besides the fzr 1000.
              79 SF parts bike.

Comment

Working...
              X