Finished Bike Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished Bike Photos

Hello all! I was finally able to get my seat back, and put the finishing touches on my 80 sg. The seat was built by Anthony's Custom Cycles in Tampa. The exhaust is an internally modified Mac that I did, and the rest I talked about in an earlier post. This thing runs really well, and I will be dynoing it soon to see where the HP ended up. Let me know what you think!

Healthy is merely the slowest rate at which you can die

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba….Hunter S. Thompson

Looking real good! I Like the paint and the tail light.

Larry
    Inventor of the YICS Eliminator. Want one? Get it here.
    http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...399#post183399

If you're not riding, you're not living!
    82 XJ1100
    80 XS1100G (Project bike)
    64 Yamaha YA-6
    77 Suzuki TS-185

79 XS1100SF Built this one for a friend.
    See it here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBYT4C9_6Ac

Comment

I like the seat! How does it feel when riding?
      1980 XS850SG - Sold
      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
      -H. Ford

Comment

Look very nice! I liked the paint from the first time I saw it.
        Do you know if you put a blackwall rear tire on, you can just fit a 140/16 Dunlop EIII?
        Ray Matteis
        KE6NHG
        XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
        XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

In a word, Righteous!
          I am the Lorax, I speak for the Trees

'80 XS1100 SG (It's Evil, Wicked, Mean & Nasty)

'79 XS1100 F R (IL Barrachino)

'00 Suzuki Intruder 1400 (La Soccola)

'77 KZ400s (La Putana)

Comment

Very nice! I especially like the filler plate on the back of the seat
            Dave
            1979 XS1100SF Special

Comment

Well done.That seat looks comfy.
              80 SG XS1100
              14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

Awesome Job!

Great customizations without permanent deformation.

Got me looking into paint now. Don't know squat about air brushes, so love to know more about the equipment you used.
                Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                93 GSX600F
                80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                81 XS1100 Special
                81 CB750 C
                80 CB750 C
                78 XS750

Comment

I Like It

Tastefully done. Obviously alot of planning went into it. A Special XS1100 Special. Be sure and let us know what you did to the engine and what the dyno says. Excellent job. Rick
                  I May Be Crazy, But I Have A Good Time.

Northern Gypsy - 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS - Daily rider

Comment

Thanks for the input everyone. I had to go to you guys, my wife is tired of hearing about it! I noticed during that to take the pics that I had made the midrange a little too fat. I backed that down tonight, and it really sings now. Dyno results to follow...
                    DiverRay: Thanks for the tip! That is probably the route I will go, 'cause that would beef up the rear end a little. Those tires were on it when I got it, and were nearly brand new, so I am going to use them up and get something different. My original plan with this project was to to chop it similar to a couple of black ones I had seen on here, and then do the custom paint. I really liked how those bikes turned out, solo seat and all. But my wife, it turns out, really likes riding with me, so I decided to keep it a serviceable two up, at least for awhile. So it has turned out a little more like the Aussie streetfighters that you see on here. I am still thinking about new rear sets and possibley clip-ons, but the jury is still outI already have the next paint job picked out, but proly will run this one for a year or so.
                    DGxser: With airbrushing, just go for it. I do know that a quality airbrush will help you right from the start. My favorite brush is a Badger Renegade side feed, but I also like the Iwata brushes. Either will run you about $120-150. I have had really good luck with the Auto-Air paints. They are water-borne, and so will cause you some real grief when you first start using them, if you are used to solvent based paint. But they are easy to work with, and don't stink. Most of my patterns and shields are of my own design, since it is cheaper than buying them. You will quickly realize what you need for patterns when you start doing it. Then all that is left is a small air compressor, water separator, and regulator, and you are set to go
                    The seat is great. Anthony's did a tremendous job, and were very fast. I can not say enough good about them. This seat feels similar to the stock seat, but without the anoying "pillow effect. The carbon fiber seat area is grippy, and keeps my light little frame planted firmly, which helps when the wind starts blowing over 100 MPH!

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba….Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Bttb!

I just caught this thread...IMHO that is an excellent job you have done. It looks quite muscular and everything goes together quite well. I really like the seat and wish I could have something similar for my '82 XJ1100...the stock seat just plain sucks...even after I had it reshaped and refoamed.I still feel like I am sliding down a freakin hill. Can you PM me as to contact info for Anthony's and price too if you dont mind. Thanks...
                      1980 XS650G Special-Two
                      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Madmad: PM'd ya. Good luck with the seat!

Comment

Some day

I love what ya done, maybe some day I can figure out how to make my XJ's seat more comfy
                          Just ME and my 82 XJ 1100. Mac 4>1-2 1/2" open baffle shotgun, no octy, K&N pod filters, LED tail/brake light & directionals, 750 FD mod, Ear Cannon air horn, modified bars and dash. "Motorcyclists are all bound together by a brotherhood tie through their love of the sport, and what difference does it make what machine he rides as long as he belongs to the clan." Walter Davidson, Dec. 1920 edition of Harley-Davidson Enthusiast Magazine http://s851.photobucket.com/albums/ab78/justme1100/

Comment

Sweet !!

That's a real good looker, T .... love the paint!!
                            80G Mini-bagger
                            VM33 Smooth bores, Pods, 4/1 Supertrapp, SS brake lines, fork brace

Past XS11s

79F Stone stocker and former daily driver, sold May '10 now converting for N.O. to cafe style
                            79SF eventually dismantled for parts
                            79F Bought almost new in 80, sold for a house
                            79F The Ernie bike sold to a Navy dude summer 08
                            79SF Squared-off Special, Vetter/Bates tour pkg., Mikes XS coils, G rear fender and tail light. Sold June 09

Comment

Working...
                            X