Engine overhaul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Tank,

Did you try putting it up in 5th gear?? In 1st gear, the engine/crankshaft has the leverage, cause the engine has to turn a lot to turn the drive shaft a little, whereas in 5th, the engine turns very little to make the drive shaft turn a lot, but this puts the stoppage leverage at the driveshaft. Also, you can take a couple of bolts and put them into the driveshaft holes, to make a couple of leverage points that you can stick a large long rod/pole inbetween which would provide even more leverage for stopping the driveshaft from turning. Just some more ideas!?!? HTH.

T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

hey no problem....

have you tried an impact socket yet? i'm sure you can them cheaper than $25.

Comment

I was on duty yesterday and could not get away to try any of the suggested methods yet. But I will try them all today and let you know the outcome.

Comment

Had the engine apart twice...
          1st: replaced the primary chain, camchain, crank bearings, middle drive bearings, all gaskets etc...

2nd: replaced the left side crank oil seal, since the first time I didnt get the correct size from the dealer and used the old one. The oil is still leaking there, even with the new seal installed. The crank seems OK there, so HEEEELPPPPP!!!!!!
          Replaced the middle drive oil seal, since it was leaking badly into the shaft. Its OK now.

Sealed the camchain tensioner, replaced the fork oil seals and oil, made a new 4 into 2 exhaust, repaired the engine guards, etc etc etc.... a LOT of work done... and it sat for 6 years in a garage... in boxes.

LP
          If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
          (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

5th gear and a LARGE cheater bar worked! Thanks for the info! I'm now into the final teardown stage. Will have to find a new rebuild kit soon. Any thoughts?

Comment

Working...
            X