Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fairing mounting bracket interchangeability?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fairing mounting bracket interchangeability?

I have an 80 xs11 special and I am wondering what options there are as far as mounting brackets are concerned in other words if I want to put a fairing on it must I find a vetter mounting bracket from the exact year and model or are other years mounting brackets the same. Also if anyone has one of course I will buy it. I was also wondering what other brackets and fairings are out there for this bike? I am interested in anything that will keep the bugs out of my teeth and give me some storage space.

Vetter says, on thier website, that they never numbered the mounting brackets, so you're best off to try and find one known to fit the bike.

All XS1100's use the same bracket.

I am sure you will find a few here.
    Last edited by Crazcnuk; 02-16-2009, 02:52 AM.
    Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
    '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

cool I was hoping that was the case and it wasnt different every year.

Comment

Bracket

Do you have the fairing? If you need some help i live in Canton, IL about 1 hour southwest of you. As you can see in my signature I have 5 of these bikes, I ride the 82XJ and fixing the 80SG for a spare. Just seen a Midnight Special Friday at the school gym. I have a fairing on the 82XJ and am putting one on the 80SG. I like them to keep bugs, water and wind off of you.
        Thanks Tom
        82 XJ DAILY RIDE
        78 XS1100E FIXING UP
        79 XS1100F PARTS BIKE
        79 XS1100SF NAKED BIKE
        80 XS1100SG FULL DRESS BIKE
        82 XJ IN THE ROUGH

Comment

found a fairing and a bracket

picking up a windjammer fairing got it for 50 bucks he is throwing in a trunk to its from a 650 nighthawk. Im not sure the trunk will mount up but its worth a try. I found a bracket from the classifieds here it is from a stock yamaha fairing hopefully it will mount up on a vetter but I am guessing vetter made the stock yamaha fairing does anyone know for sure?

Comment

Vetter made the fairing for the '79 and later bikes. They mount on a single part bracket. The '78 has a two part mount, and is for the Pacifico fairing.
            Ray Matteis
            KE6NHG
            XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
            XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

I believe (but I could be mistaken) that the stock Yamaha Fairings were made by Pacifico. there are two mounting brackets, one mounts to the two holes on the down tubes, the other mounts to the neck, if you look behind the headlight, you will see two holes spaced (vertically) maybe an inch and a half or so apart. when both pieces are mounted, there is a small space between the two brackets, the fairing slides into the gap between the brackets and the four mounting screws go through both brackets and the fairing body. that's all I can remember right at the moment, have a nice day and ride safe
              I am the Lorax, I speak for the Trees

'80 XS1100 SG (It's Evil, Wicked, Mean & Nasty)

'79 XS1100 F R (IL Barrachino)

'00 Suzuki Intruder 1400 (La Soccola)

'77 KZ400s (La Putana)

Comment

Working...
              X