hp increse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hp increse

I have asked around at a few motorcycle shops about parts or methods of incresing the hp on my xs11f, any good tips out there?

This has been talked about before and since not too many people do before and after dyno runs, it is hard to tell if anything really has an effect. You can tune you bike, give it 5 degrees advance (80-81 only), put in a big bore kit from Wisco, add individual air filters and less restrictive exhaust, but you will only gain a few HP at best. The only real gains I know of were turbos...and nobody makes one for an XS anymore. If you want to dream....here is a picture of the turbo XS:

Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

until now I have never noticed the seat on that bike. that must have come with the turbo kit as a "safety percaution". i have just changed the pipe, added a K&N filter, and jetted the carbs. these mods seem to make the top end more wicked.. I just cant bring myself to tear into this engine when its running so well,no mods until something breaks which may be a while by the looks of things.

I know this isn't exactly the right thread for this but here goes.
      Dynojet kit came with a few different jets to choose for the main.
      I'm using a 190 pilot and a 124 main with the needles on the second adjustment slot. I see some posts mentioning the main jets at 45 or 43. what does this mean is a 124 equivilent to a 45?
      The bike had 110s in there, I think I need about a 122, if thats even possible.
      '80 XS1100sg "MadMax"

Comment

Hey there Damian,

I couldn't tell you about the DynoJet Kits, but I think I've read here that they aren't the greatest as to their jets, especially the pilots!!! I've got an 81SH, with 4-1 pipes, Indy filters, had 110 mains across, according to the jetting guide in the tech tips, I should have gone up 3 main jet sizes, and one Pilot jet size. The mains go in 2.5 increments, so 110-112.5-115-117.5-120-122.5 and so on. The Pilots IIRC, are 42, 45, but don't hold me to it! My Pilots were severely frozen in the carb bodies, couldn't get them out, so I'm still running the 42's!!

I've got decent color on my plugs. Plenty of power throughout the power range. I also am running the WISECO 1179 big bore kit due to severe rust in my cylinders from years of negectful storage!!! My compression ratios are considerably higher than stock, according to my actual compression values of around 180psi at sea level which I am at!!!! There is an extensive thread in the archives about this process, recommend you review it for further info. HTH.?
        T.C.
        T. C. Gresham
        81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
        79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
        History shows again and again,
        How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

besides the Jardine pipes, K&N, and re-jetting....I recently put on Dyna Coils and Bosch Platinum plugs. The coils made a noticeable difference (as did the other mods except maybe the exhaust).
          Pat Kelly
          <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
          1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
          2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
          1999 Suburban (The Ship)
          1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
          1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

I had very poor results with Dyno jet. I wish I had spent the $ on something else, like shocks.
            Stock airbox K&N filter, Kerker. Clymers had mains at 110-120-120-110 jets all the way acorss. I made it 120 all the way across the carbs, and left the pilots and air jets stock. Remember the rpm ranges that each component of the carb circuits are active. The mains don't come into play until over 3000 to 4000 rpm, below that the air and pilots run the bike. The DynoJet jets use their own methodology of measuring sizes, and I don't know what it translates to. They use a flow rate to measure, rather than actual hole size. I have not used a colortune, but the seat of the pants method tells me that it works. It is running better than when I bought it, and I am not sure whether it actually is, or not, but seems way faster than the hopped up kz900 of my youth.

That may just be the old bones talking....but that's another story
            '81 XS11 Midnight Special

Comment

Working...
            X