gonna go order my new gears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gonna go order my new gears

Gonna go order the 4 gears in the trans that I need tomorrow. Really wanting to get this bike on the road. Hope I can get a deal on them.

ed

Don't Forget EBay

Hey zx11racr,
    My 79F also needed the gears because it was kicking out of 2nd. Bikerphil found a complete shaft with the gears on ebay. They were in perfect condition.He then performed the dremel cutting on them. We installed them and it's working great, better than new.
    Total cost $20 plus shipping!!!! So, keep that option in mind, you may save some coins.
    1980G Standard, Restored
    Kerker 4 - 1
    850 Rear End Mod
    2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
    Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
    Automatic CCT
    1980GH Special, Restored
    Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
    '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
    Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

gears

Okay I guess Im gonna do the dremel fix with the help of Bigfoot on here. I priced the parts at the dealer. $659.98 I cant afford that. So wish me luck and hope to get this done soon. All other projects are out of the garage.

ed

Comment

Good luck, ZX11racr. Let us know how it goes...
        Tim Ripley - Gaithersburg, MD
        1981 XS1100 Special "Spoiled Rotten" Just sold - currently bikeless!!
        23mm float height
        120 main jets
        42.5 pilot jets
        drilled stock airbox with K&N
        Jardine 4 to 1 Exhaust
        spade fusebox
        1st and 2nd gear fix

Comment

Good luck, it is not that bad. Even I did it, so you should be bale to.

Really, the dremeling part is'nt to bad. If you are worried about your ability to get the angles or the meshing down, check a local machine shop to see what they would charge to do the gears. If you do it yourself (which I did, cause I'm cheap) just rememeber, you can always take more off, you can't put it back, easily anyway.
          Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
          80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
          93 GSX600F
          80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
          81 XS1100 Special
          81 CB750 C
          80 CB750 C
          78 XS750

Comment

Working...
          X