78E & 79F Original Paint avail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 78E & 79F Original Paint avail?

I'm interested in getting original paint for these bikes. Iv'e requested info from ColorRite. Any other sources out there?

I've seen some pics of some XSive's 79F's with part of the tank Silver. Is this custom or were some delivered from the factory that way? If so, is the other color Indigo Blue?

Thanks..Phil
    1978 XS1100 E

Check with your local Yamaha Dealer.... most are paint is in spray cans and seells for around $19 a can. I have been told that factory motorcycle paint differs from auto paint. and this was a auto store owner.
    wpc57

'81LH Midnight Special "Margret"

I ain't as good as I once was..but I am as good once as I ever was.... (Toby Keith)

Comment

Try http://www.color-rite.com/ they can mtch up old colors, if it is not on the web site call them, they had the color for my '80 but it was not on the site.
      Gary Granger
      Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
      2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Called ColorRite. NG < 1980. Anyone else?
        1978 XS1100 E

Comment

I find this hard to beleive but I was told the silver in the center of my '80 tank was a decal by a well respected list member. Color-rite told me only the outer color was available so I guess it could be true. I still find it hard to beleive.

This is the best picture of an 80 like mine, not sure if the blue tank is similar.

Gary Granger
          Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
          2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Working...
          X