Spark plug caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spark plug caps

HI FELLOW XS'ER. I have order a set of mike's XS coils and have been trying to find threads on running the bike without plug caps? from what i've read they are only for radio supresson ?is this true also I live in Australia and we have a spark plug lead company over here that does 1000-3000ohm supressed performance leads can i use these without 5ohm plug caps..http://www.topgunleads.com.au/difftypes.html here is the site for those who like to read..Thanks for any advice given. P.S I here the snows been bad there We are into our 2nd week of 43-45deg celcius here
    JOHN'O
    Xs1100E 1978
    American Import Cruiser

caps

You should be fine running non-resistor (car type) caps. If you have a faring with a radio, you can run resistor plugs if you want. I run Accel coils with non-resistor caps and non-resistor plugs (no radio). Mike's XS coils are good ones. You can bypass your ballast resistor with the mikes xs coils. HTH
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

thanks i just thought if there's less screw type joins the better the connection less chance of spark reduction
      JOHN'O
      Xs1100E 1978
      American Import Cruiser

Comment

When you get your coils ...

You're gonna' want new wires. Z1 Enterprises sells a set of 7mm solid copper wires that already have ends on 'em that are fine for less than 20 bucks. Just leave the screw tips ON the plugs.
        80G Mini-bagger
        VM33 Smooth bores, Pods, 4/1 Supertrapp, SS brake lines, fork brace

Past XS11s

79F Stone stocker and former daily driver, sold May '10 now converting for N.O. to cafe style
        79SF eventually dismantled for parts
        79F Bought almost new in 80, sold for a house
        79F The Ernie bike sold to a Navy dude summer 08
        79SF Squared-off Special, Vetter/Bates tour pkg., Mikes XS coils, G rear fender and tail light. Sold June 09

Comment

Working...
        X