aftermarket accessories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aftermarket accessories

My 79xs11 is a real beast to ride,but,a dream to have most days.That said my thread is all about accessories what if anything can i bolt on to accessorize my bike.ie... plug wire lights.king/queen seat,sissy bar,deer whistle-hit two deer with my cage this year totaled a nice merc sable.No hunting needed this year!anyways what can I ADD to this wonderful machine?Not teardown and redo another way but addons....thanks tforkbrace

I got some Kuryakyn ISO grips, they are very nice. Mine were designed for a Goldwing, so they are pretty long, but anything with the 7/8 hole should work.
    Ich habe dich nicht gefragt.

Comment

Put her on a diet.

Originally posted by clyderider View Post
      My 79xs11 is a real beast to ride,but,a dream to have most days.That said my thread is all about accessories what if anything can i bolt on to accessorize my bike.ie... plug wire lights.king/queen seat,sissy bar,deer whistle-hit two deer with my cage this year totaled a nice merc sable.No hunting needed this year!anyways what can I ADD to this wonderful machine?Not teardown and redo another way but addons....thanks tforkbrace
      Hi Clyde,
      OK, add a fork brace, those skinny forks do need help.
      But fork brace aside, do you realize how much an XS11 weighs?
      Do not ask what you can add to your XS11 to make it even heavier,
      ask what parts you can swap out for lighter ones or remove altogether and still be street-legal.
      Fred Hill, S'toon
      XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
      "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Clyde,

You might want to check out the Maintance, Repair, and modification sections of this forum. I would look into the fuse box upgrade. It is cheap and easy. Plus, when the old one goes you get to find out how heavy an XS1100 is first hand by pushing her home I did!

If yours is a 79 Special (XS1100SF), and you have the original seat or a non king/queen seat then I would be happy to trade you my Corbin Gentry king/queen seat with removable back rest.

Dave
        Dave
        1979 XS1100SF Special

Comment

Hey Clyde,

If you talking mostly BLING, the handgrips, new mirrors, the handlebar clamp...chrome one from MikesXS fits, JCW still sells those funky flickering spark plug caps...light up with every spark signal.

But, if you want to talk about FUNCTION, then like was mentioned, the Fork Brace, Progressive front fork springs, new rear shocks, Stainless Steel braided brake lines, even new solid front Master Cylinder, Stronger/louder horns with direct from fuseblock/acc. terminal power supply so that they will be loud, LED tail/brake/turn lights conversion to free up amps for a pair of driving lights, Clear Lens headlight conversion, perhaps even a 80/100 bulb vs. the 55/60 watt one, that kind of stuff!!
          T.C.
          T. C. Gresham
          81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
          79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
          History shows again and again,
          How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

MikesXS.com

Looking at MikesXS.com

Doers anyone know if I can use the handgrips and Bar switch assemblies that fit the 650? Also would like to find oval or round mirrors to match the shape of the headlamp, Can I use the same ones as you find on MikesXS?. Am also in need of the rubber "washer" that seals the gas cap.
            Sam Christensen
            The Chronicles of my Rebuild http://xs1100rebuild.blogspot.com

--------------------------------------------------------
            If you are leading and no one is following, maybe your just taking a walk.

Currently bikeless. Sold my 1980 XS1100 Special

Comment

I believe that all metric bikes use 10mm treads on their mirrors. However, only Yamaha uses a left hand thread on the right mirror. So as I understand it any metric mirror will fit the left side, but the right side has to be made for a Yamaha, or you can use an adaptor. So the short answer is yes on the mirrors.

As far as the controls go I did a search and found this thread:

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...xs650+controls

Apparently the answer is yes, but with some wiring to be done on the left side.

Dave
              Dave
              1979 XS1100SF Special

Comment

stuff

I am manufacturing a fair amount of stuff for my xs11..

Couple things im in need of and hoping you can help...

My bike is in the shop right now so i cannot pull the dimensions i need to make a new tripple tree.

I am making a clip on system with the new tripple tree.

im also making a custom for brace.. i made them in the past and sold them all and no longer have the dimensions between forks or the size.

also making a rear set and getting rid of those bulky units.

Can someone help me with the tree dimensions??

fork size and measurement between centers.. i heard it was 185mm but i need to verify that.
                and the dimension from the center bolt to the forks..
                I will post pics when im done and sell them as well.

tarmacsports@hotmail.com
                1978 E XS1100 purchased for =$600.00
                crap load of time spent modifying it = Priceless
                My bike has the XS motor but can't really call it XS11
                (or at least it still looks like the XS motor)
                it has about 50% of the frame left from the XS bike

Comment

Originally posted by lakecountrydave View Post
                  I believe that all metric bikes use 10mm treads on their mirrors. However, only Yamaha uses a left hand thread on the right mirror. So as I understand it any metric mirror will fit the left side, but the right side has to be made for a Yamaha, or you can use an adaptor. So the short answer is yes on the mirrors.
                  check out this part, not too pricey and they have the adaptors for both sides to make it look pretty.
                  1980 XS11SG
                  Dunlop elite 3's, progressive fork springs, tkat brace
                  Stock motor, airbox, carbs, exhaust
                  ratted out, mean, and nasty

Comment

Working...
                  X